• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tuxedo Cat w/ animated fur

Doc Acme

Motivated
Hey all,

Never posted here before but seemed appropriate now. Might be a better sub-group but wasn't sure which.

In any case, I wanted to show something I've been tinkering with for awhile in the lab.

Well, harumph! The forum's size limt makes posting just an animated GIF some what pointless, so take a peak here:

Here are some stills in the meantime:

These are just keyframe pose interpolations to see how things move (so ignore the skating, cove penetration, etc.) at a draft rez, VPR preview captured in Layout. Still some issues as you can see & that's largely just figuring out how to fully use the weight map painting tool I bought awhile back that made this possible.

I hope.

This is of course is TuxCat with LAMH fur, but exported out of Daz via FBX, then brought into Lightwave 2019.

As I'm sure you're all aware, even in Daz once the LAMH fur has been created, that's it for any animation. Never tried their new hair or fur system to compare.

The problem has always been getting a characters weight maps transfered to the hair objects. More on that later if any interest.

DocA

Attachments

• Final_Render_000.jpg
    Final_Render_000.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 130
  • Final_Render_035.jpg
    Final_Render_035.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Final_Render_144.jpg
    Final_Render_144.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 149