• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This woman is getting angry with cloth room!

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have tried three times to get Lully's Dynamic dress working in the clothe room and failed.
I know it does work there because I did id once before.
Now I keep messing up. :confused:
Grrrrr! :mad:

I made a texture for it and wanted to see how it looks posed and to upload an image of it. :cry:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm trying again with a new pose...sigh.
I know I did this before but can't find the pz3 or I'd just add the texture there.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't played with Lully's dresses yet, but I thought she included a tutorial with each on how to use them in the Cloth Room. Have you check it out?

BTW, which of Lully's Dynamic Dresses are you referring to. I may have it, and see if I can help.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Just a review of the basic steps

Load the figure

Load the clothing prop

Move the animation control about half way through (frame 15 or so) and pose the figure

Set a keyframe

Go back to the first frame of the animation, go to the cloth room, clothify the prop, set collide with and calculate simulation

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It's the EvenStar dress.
I finally got it right, I had a bad pose and settings wrong.
Just one little dial setting messed it up and I kept doing it.
and now I have no idea what one.
So I have a nice render going now and will post the image soon.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh good, glad you got it working, as that's one of Lully's dresses I don't have.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It is very pretty when you use the shaders adding a color ramp node to make it various colors.
But I wanted a texture map and then added shaders to that.
I'll be posting the results in the "It's about the Art" forum under "Show us your Dawn renders", in a few moments.
It rendered nicely this time and no more problems in the cloth room. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true Richard. I find sometimes just a little tweaking of the settings will do the trick, and sometimes the piece of clothing being simmed doesn't need as many frames as a dress like the one you are working with F_L. To me, a long flowing gown like this would need more than the default 30 frames to get it to sim fully, and fall into place nicely.