• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This REALLY happened!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Can't find the 'mischief' thread... so I'll start a new thread...and see if it takes off...

I tend to write poems about anything...and this REALLY happened just this evening!

Dead Bugs in my TP!

There were dead bugs in my new toilet tissue!
One bug's legs stuck out through the wrapper all askew!
I shuddered, tossed that roll right into my recycle bin,
Wondering how on earth those bugs had gotten in!

And what if I USED it, unawares when I had to pee!?
Eeeuuuu how really yucky, those dead bugs in my TP!
~Lyne's Creations

Jay Versluis

Admirable
I hear you!

I recently found LIVE bugs in my TP: several small red worms, crawling after each other in pairs. I have no idea what that was about, but it was slightly scary. Much like you, what would have happened in the middle of the night with the light half off?

Things we could lively without.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well I hope this thread doesn't devolve into a "spiders terrorizing us thread" but last night when I started to get into the shower
a huge spider (I can get the form to stop italicizing the words -sorry) was hanging from my soap dispenser thingy that is stuck on the corner of my shower stall… I normally run my shower at total hot to get all hot water there before I get in, and when Ilooked at that end of the shower I saw the spider desperately trying to avoid these scalding hot water
. Keep in mind this is without any glasses on so I couldn't see clearly but it was a big one !so then I thought dammit now I have to rescue myself so going to the opposite end of the shower and grabbing the showerhead (thankfully it's one of those showerheads on the long hose )and standing a bit back I aimed it at the spider and scalded him and washed them down the drain (also keep in mind that Iat least had the presence of mind to take the drain thingy out first …you know those things that keep air from going down the drain I took that out so the spider would have a clear path down the full open during) then I continued running the scalding hot water down before I put the drain thingy back in because I always have visions in my mind of the spider coming back up at me!

I guess it's just that time of year but yuck !

Anyway I was thinking of retitling this thread to something like really weird in yucky happenings or something but anyway … :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Mine wasn't a spider. Not long after I moved to Ohaeawai in 1981, I did a load of washing late at night and put the basket in the garage to hang out in the morning. Next day took the basket up to the clothesline and started hanging it out. As I reached into the basket to pick up another item, my hand closed on two spiky legs, puncturing the skin. I screamed, dropped the weta to the ground and did a two-step on it before I had time to think. I felt so bad looking at its remains. Wetas are not harmful though they can inflict a painful bite, just spiky and scary looking.

Weta - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
It did, Miss B...my hand had a line of little holes. But was no excuse for my two step...35 years and I still feel guilty :(

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You shouldn't Lorraine. That was an automatic survival reaction. You didn't know until it was to late that it was an innocent that just happened to have spikes on it's body.