• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solved The "Connect & Share" ....

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
forum does not show up in the Forum index... I have to keep going back to my own activity to find it... ?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, I just noticed that Subforums aren't listed on the main forum page as they were with the old forum software.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
forum does not show up in the Forum index... I have to keep going back to my own activity to find it... ?

You mean here?

HiveWire 3D Community

Not sure what other forum index you mean?

Hmmm, I just noticed that Subforums aren't listed on the main forum page as they were with the old forum software.

On that same page, hover over "Subforums" below and to the right of each forum name. It will list all the subforums and you can pick one to go to it

Miss B

CV-BEE
On that same page, hover over "Subforums" below and to the right of each forum name. It will list all the subforums and you can pick one to go to it
Ohhhhh! :headdesk: I never noticed that. ~shakes head~

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
hee heee...hasn't been all that long since I noticed it so don't feel bad ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...I hadn't notice that...Alisa just to the right of that is a number then the triangle.

I would think that the triangle should expand the menu to include the forums but it doesn't do this?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes it does Pen. When you hover, you're hovering the triangle as well. Before you hover it's pointing down, when you hover it's pointing up, and the list of Subforums shows.

I think it's the whole link, including that arrow, that's involved.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well it must be me... as I STILL can't find the title CONNECT & SHARE as a sub forum anywhere... ? In fact there are only Five main forums that HAVE subforums... I'm sorry... I'm sooo not trying to be difficult...just so confused. I am using IE11.... maybe other browsers see more? (I tried the other browsers...never again!)

WAIT ! I FOUND IT! It's the subforum of Show Me The Honey !! Whew! I just wish it would be more obvious... o_O

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's actually not a subforum, or even a forum :) It's a forum section/area :)

Glad you found it!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhhh!! It's a forum group heading!! :headdesk:

Just goes to show how much attention I pay to that sort of thing. ~shakes head~

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
lol..

Yes, it's a forum Group heading. Under "Connect and Share" are various forums, under those are subforums.

Again, so much to see that it takes awhile to notice it all!

Miss B

CV-BEE
lol..

Yes, it's a forum Group heading. Under "Connect and Share" are various forums, under those are subforums.

Again, so much to see that it takes awhile to notice it all!
Yes, in web design speak, those are called "breadcrumbs". It's a way to go back a step or two without having to go all the way out to the main page to find what you're looking for. I always add them when I'm creating a new site design.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
It's definitely nice !

Yeah, Pen, I'm used to that as well!