• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

That annoying "render as a blank white silhouette" issue

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Had that crop up today in a render which included Baby Luna. All the DAZ figures in the scene are rendering fine. Luna is a blank white silhouette. This is an issue that's been around for yonks. There's a fix. I can't remember what it is, because it hasn't bitten me in a while.

Studio 4.9, 3Delight. The figure was merged into a scene from an older file which I think was done back in 4.7? It was done in late 2015 I think. Rendered fine at that point.

Spot rendering beforehand gave me no clue.

Anybody remember what the fix is?

quietrob

Extraordinary
I've had similar problems and it always came down to their textures. Did you try reloading Baby Luna? Are you using special textures? Did she EVER properly render in the scene before this?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Not in this scene. Did fine in the original one. I switched to the Jojo texture and then back to the default and that seems to have fixed it.

Problem was probably a shader ID conflict with one of the other characters in the scene. Some blue plastic (also one of Age of Armor's shaders) also rendered flat white. That one I switched to someone else's shaders, and I deleted whatever characters were't needed for the patch file, which may have deleted the conflict. In any rate, it's rendering all right now.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I never encountered a shader conflict that would do that. Poser may work things a little different is all. I'll remember this thread if I ever come across in DS.

Anyway, problem solved!