• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Strange bugs when exporting as *.cr2

Zaarin

Brilliant
I am exclusively a Poser user, but I do keep Studio installed because sometimes it's nice to be able to export DS-only content for use in Poser, especially hair and props. But lately I've noticed that some newer products don't export properly. There are two products specifically giving me issues--two different issues, in fact--and I was wondering if someone could help me out.

The first is Oh My Brows! from Renderosity. When I open the exported *.cr2 there is nothing there at all; it's just a blank *.cr2. I could export them as *.obj, then export all the morphs as *.obj and load them as morphs in a *.pp2--but that would be a lot of work that I'd rather not put up with if I don't have to.

The second is AprilYSH's Nimue Hair. I've exported a good number of AprilYSH's Genesis hair products into Poser and I've never had problems with any of the others. With Nimue, however, the hair exports properly in a usable fashion--but the braids and long tails are missing. I don't mind having the option of just the bun--saves some geometry--but I really would like the braids and tails.

Anyone know how to fix these?

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
For internal file reference in Poser, case matters.

I've seen at least one instance where the obj moved/produced by DS' cr2 export gave me an obj that had capitalized naming.

If you look through the obj in a good text editor (they are ascii), look at the group lines. they start with "g" so search for that. If you see "Head" instead of "head" and it's "head" in the cr2 (where you'd see the internal reference, like "head:1"), that might be an issue.

Bejaymac

Inspired
DS native figures don't need the mesh to be grouped to match the bones, the mesh and skeleton are separate entities with the WM acting as the string that joins both together, odds are the hair parts aren't grouped in the mesh which means Poser can't find the props it needs to bolt onto the bones.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I recently was able to export Toulouse Hair for Genesis 3. I was doing this as Netherworks mentioned it wasn't showing up with a cr2 export.

My process was that I exported the item as an object first and then did the cr2...textures and everything worked as I have just one runtime. These days in DS I organise everything in Categories.

I did notice that it asked me to locate the object when I exported it to cr2 also...I don't normally see this as it's normally my own stuff I'm exporting not something I've bought.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Thanks, guys! I ultimately exported the brows as *.obj files for each individual morph (it was a lot of work but worth it--why does no one make a product like this natively for Poser? The detail of real fiber brows adds so much to renders!), but it's still relevant for Nimue Hair so I'll check it out and report back.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
DS native figures don't need the mesh to be grouped to match the bones, the mesh and skeleton are separate entities with the WM acting as the string that joins both together, odds are the hair parts aren't grouped in the mesh which means Poser can't find the props it needs to bolt onto the bones.

Traditionally, Poser needs the divisions in the obj so that the interface has something to select. It is possible to do a fully weight mapped figure in poser that has only itself as the group but it would be hard to work with. All the "limbs" would need to be selected via the menu system. You could add handles, which would now be groups again, so that's counter-intuitive. You might be able to use control props in Poser 11 to move all the limbs but it's a lot of workaround just to produce a single group figure - IMHO it would be over excessive.