• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Store suggestions...

eclark1894

Visionary
I posted this in another thread, but sense I never got a response, I thought I'd post it on it's own, here.

I have a few suggestions to make shopping here a little easier (well, at least for me:whistling:).

1. The store is already broken down into several categories such as Women, Men, Children, etc. Can we break them down a little further, such as figure. Obviously, there are some crossovers, but for the most part I never buy Genesis oriented products, so it's a waste of time for those products to pop up in any search I make.

2. At the bottom of the product page, I see "other products that I might be interested in". While that might indeed be the case, how about if I see other related products instead. They should be related by priorities such as vendor, genre, figure, etc. For example, if there's a Princess gown for Dawn being looked at, maybe I'm interested in a Prince costume for Dusk, as well, or a throne or castle, or a Cinderella coach. (if you don't have a Cinderella coach by the way, let me know, that's a great idea!:)).

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I'm with you, It would be nice to have similar items instead of random products.
I guess as more content is added that kind of thing might happen;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Those are good ideas, Earl. I would especially like to see the HW figures categorised. When I'm looking for a particular figure's bits and bobs on my phone, I'd appreciate not wasting my mobile data looking through other figures stuff. Also, on the mobile site, there is no button to go to the next page at the bottom of the page, one must scroll back to the top to go on. One of them would be nice.

eclark1894

Visionary
Those are good ideas, Earl. I would especially like to see the HW figures categorised. When I'm looking for a particular figure's bits and bobs on my phone, I'd appreciate not wasting my mobile data looking through other figures stuff. Also, on the mobile site, there is no button to go to the next page at the bottom of the page, one must scroll back to the top to go on. One of them would be nice.
Well, it does concern me a bit , Lorraine, because, as you know, I'm making a house, which, assuming I submit it here and am accepted, I could become a vendor here as well. I'm also making add-on items which I want to go with the house. Which means I would want those items to show up on the bottom of the product page as "things you might also find of interest" and not, say, a saddle for the Hivewire horse.

I also hope no one at Hivewire, misreads my intentions. I'm not criticizing the way the store is categorized, just offering a few tweaks i think would improve things. For example, I'm about to buy some brick textures that are in the store right now. Not once in all the time I looked at those textures did a volume 2 or 1 come up at the bottom of the page and yeah, they are in the store.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
For example, I'm about to buy some brick textures that are in the store right now. Not once in all the time I looked at those textures did a volume 2 or 1 come up at the bottom of the page and yeah, they are in the store.
Now I would assume they would be listed, since they are related products by the same CA.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Mmmm, I've don't think I've ever seen something along the bottom that is related to what I'm looking at. Seems more of a general overview of what is available than specifics.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
As CAs we used to be able to suggest other products that we wanted to appear in the "You may also like..." category, but I haven't seen that since the website repair/relaunch.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wonder if they changed the store software or, as I had assumed, just updated to a new version of the store software they were using. If it's new software, it might not be an option, but is built to display random items.

As a customer, I'd like to see the items be totally relevent to the product being sold on the page being viewed.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The store could also still be getting tweaked as there are still links missing that needs to be fixed before they make other changes :)
(a big job repairing the damage that was done)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
The store could also still be getting tweaked as there are still links missing that needs to be fixed before they make other changes :)
(a big job repairing the damage that was done)

THIS.

I do put in Related Products when I create the product pages, which should show up on the right of the page...but it's something that got hosed in the wipeout, and is on the "to be fixed" list. So as soon as that's fixed, they will ALL magically appear again !

I hate to keep saying that we're a small group, but we are :) . So we ask for and really appreciate your patience.

And your suggestions are definitely appreciated, Earl :)

Thanks!