• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Speed it aint

Carey

Extraordinary
Thank you Apple, the newest up date has brought the speed of my 12 core mac down to the speed of a old quad core 486 sx.. I always wanted to go back and live the eighties again....I smell a rat. A big fat rat! if you have not up dated your mac lately, think twice before doing so...

robert952

Brilliant
Thank you Apple, the newest up date has brought the speed of my 12 core mac down to the speed of a old quad core 486 sx.. I always wanted to go back and live the eighties again....I smell a rat. A big fat rat! if you have not up dated your mac lately, think twice before doing so...

LONG LIVE DOS 7.0!!!! (OK, I did finally migrate to Windows 95. But not until 1997.)

Seems updates and bloat-ware will be the demise of society as we know it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I beat you to it. I finally switched to Win95 around 1996. My old DOS 5 computer had seen the end of its days.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I wonder if it's their fix for the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities. I've read of concerns that the Windows fix kills branched path tracing, which would make Superfly rendering slower and less efficient.

That would also cripple any other PBR render engine's branched path raytracing.

Hornet3d

Wise
I wonder if it's their fix for the Spectre and Meltdown vulnerabilities. I've read of concerns that the Windows fix kills branched path tracing, which would make Superfly rendering slower and less efficient.

That would also cripple any other PBR render engine's branched path raytracing.

Three reasons why I am fighting to keep my present machine running, first I can stay on Windows 7 a little longer and I can also give the industry time to come up with a reliable answer to Spectre and Meltdown. I really don't want to pay out for a new machine only to find that it is no quicker than what I have now. The last thing that is pointing me off is the present high price of graphic cards thanks to mad dash to buy them for cryptocurrency mining.

True it leaves me vulnerable to Spectre and Meltdown as it will be some while before the fixes will trickle down to my aging computer, if ever, so my only real option at present is just limit it's access to the network.

Carey

Extraordinary
Well I'm crying, I am going to have to go back to my 8 core AMD PC just because it doesn't''t have an intel chip. Yep might even have to go as far as using winux along with linux. God I feel sorry for people trying to run a business right now...

Carey

Extraordinary
I have found a temporary solution, reduced resolution, it will make editing harder, but it beats rebuilding my poser library.

Hornet3d

Wise
I remember dir and run

Now that takes me way back, I remember a could more like del for delete and CD c:/ to change directory yet I couldn't tell you what I did for most of last week, or was it the week before. Ain't memory strange.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Now that takes me way back, I remember a could more like del for delete and CD c:/ to change directory yet I couldn't tell you what I did for most of last week, or was it the week before. Ain't memory strange.
I don't know. I can't remember.