• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

(sorted) Rendo working properly only when logged out.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Not sure what's going on. I've cleared my cookies/temp/etc. The site operates just fine when I'm logged out, but when I log in, the only thing that works right is the front page, anything else is blank w/ only the Rendo banner.

/edit
Don't ask me, but it figures. I have issues w/ it for 5-10 mins, but it sorts itself after I post.

Attachments

• msedge_DML5FLGTuw.jpg
    msedge_DML5FLGTuw.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 133

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Not sorted afterall, but I can't edit the above post. lol Now I just get random internal server errors (500).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, I'm on the Renderosity forums as I type this, and so far, so good.

They've been having issues for quite some time now, and have been doing back-end work which has caused errors for folks visiting the forums, but I haven't seen anything like that . . . yet.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Ah ok. It's been stable for a while so far. Didn't know they've been working on it as I haven't been there actively for a long time.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, for a good while we had to Log In every time we got there, though clicking on Log In automatically logged us in, and brought us to the front page of the store, which I find annoying when I want to go to the forums.

There were other issues too, and then Jenn finally commented in one of the threads about the issues, and said they were working on it. I haven't had to Log In for a couple of days now, so it looks like they're getting a handle on things.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I must've missed the login mess as that hasn't happened to me yet.

Don't get me started on where you land when you log into a site ( I'm glaring at you Daz :cautious: ).

DanaTA

Distinguished
When I start up my computer for the day, and start my browser, I open three tabs:
  • The forums here
  • The forums at DAZ
  • My email account on the Xfinity webmail site (not on Xfinity, but they let you keep your email address as long as it doesn't go inactive)
I don't log out of the DAZ forums. When I start it, I'm at the front page. I just click on Forums, and then on the gear at right and select My Bookmarks.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're lucky Dana, as I get logged out, I'm guessing for inactivity, from the DAZ forums all the time, so I'm ALWAYS logging back in the occasional time I'm on their site.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
No matter what I click on at Daz, I usually end up somewhere else. I've given up on visiting anything there except my own account.

Miss B

CV-BEE
The only forum I visit on occasion is the Bryce Forum, and I've purchased there so infrequently in a long time, I don't even go to my account there.

Kerya

Brilliant
Well, I am logged out everywhere when I am closing my browser, but that is by choice. I am clearing cookies and cache when closing the browser.
I might be a little bit paranoid ... LOL

I like the forums here, at Daz and PFDlives. Renderosity not so much ... too many fanatics.

McGyver

Energetic
No matter what I click on at Daz, I usually end up somewhere else. I've given up on visiting anything there except my own account.
Are you using a mobile device to browse the forums there?
I started a thread there about the site links at the top of the pages overlapping onto the ones below...

The links cover the ones below in the blue as illustrated by the red boxes, making it impossible to choose the ones in the blue area...
DD337932-A90A-413A-9A23-50895DF60703.jpeg

Apparently this effects browsers in Apple iOS, Mac OS and Android... and it’s present in both the forums and the store.

The thread died out pretty quick, but not before I could confirm this affects a lot of folks.
If the “renovations“ follow the last few time lines, I expect this bug to be around a few more months.

A workaround is to rotate the screen to portrait mode and the links in the black area go away (into a separate menu) and then the links in the blue area become accessible.
Of course you can’t rotate the screen on a Mac, so thats out.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Are you using a mobile device to browse the forums there?
No. Desk top. I refer specifically to the advertising emails that I get. I see an ad for something that looks interesting (like a set of Ron's brushes) and I click on that and end up at a page with 4000 things that are NOT that item. I don't even know where to find their forums any more and stopped trying to find them when I stopped using Daz Studio. I only visit my account for re-downloading things I bought there years ago.