• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird

Hi there, I can't found the "DAZ Studio Character Presets (.DUF)" in my downloadable products "10060_Songbird Remix" and "10065_SR European Edition".
Please help!

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hi there, I can't found the "DAZ Studio Character Presets (.DUF)" in my downloadable products "10060_Songbird Remix" and "10065_SR European Edition".
Please help!

Hi, those two packages are in the "older" format... With the older products, all the .dufs are located on the Poser format side and load automatically with DAZ Studio 3DL materials when the Poser files are loaded. Sorry, there aren't any Iray materials on this yet (there will be soon). The included manual explains how to load them, but here's the section you'll want...

---------------------

Creating a Songbird ReMix Bird

Here’s a step by step to create a bird in POSER or DAZ Studio:

Choose what you want to load. For this example, we’ll create an “American Robin”.

Load Poser or DAZ Studio and select FIGURES and the Songbird ReMix folder. DAZ Studio users will select the “Poser Formats” / “My Library” / “FIGURES” / “Songbird ReMix”. Because the “American Robin” uses the basic “Songbird” base model we’ll load that.

Go to the POSES folder and Songbird ReMix Master folder, then select the appropriate Songbird Remix library. This again, for DAZ Studio users will be found in the “Poser Formats” file section.

In this case, we’ll select the “American Robin” pose and apply it to our loaded Songbird ReMix base model. This pose contains morph and texture settings to turn the generic model into an “American Robin”. As explained earlier in the Character Base Section, the Alphabet letter appearing on the base of a bird’s Icon refers to what model it expects to adhere to. Thus the “Parrot” character is going to want the <P> Parrot Base Songbird ReMix Model. Birds with no icon usually want the Songbird Base.

------------------

Both of those products will be updated to the new format this summer (a complete native DS version with Iray and 3DL support). All my updates are free. All old products are found in the Poser Format ... Songbird ReMix folders; the NEW format/updated products are/will be found in the Animals/Songbird ReMix folder. I've put the new/updated products under "Animals" to avoid confusion with older Products. To see what's been updated to the new format, look at my SBRM front web page under "The Big Update Progress"

There are quite a few free birds available for the "10060_Songbird Remix" set. Look in the Songbird ReMix Base Set Box under Downloads

Last edited:
Both of those products will be updated to the new format this summer (a complete native DS version with Iray and 3DL support). All my updates are free. All old products are found in the Poser Format ... Songbird ReMix folders; the NEW format/updated products are/will be found in the Animals/Songbird ReMix folder. I've put the new/updated products under "Animals" to avoid confusion with older Products. To see what's been updated to the new format, look at my SBRM front web page under "The Big Update Progress"

Hello Ken,
Thank you for your answer. Yes, I know the process of opening the DAZ, changing the library, choosing a figure, changing back ... It's just so complex. Therefore I was looking for the dufs and I am looking forward to the update :)

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I know it's complex, and that's one of the reasons I chose to do the "new" format after watching forum posts and getting lots of user input. Being use to the "old" system, I had a little trouble getting use to the "new" system... even now, I ocassionally find myself switching from the Poser Character library to Pose library. Muscle memory I guess ;) ...but now, I really like the newer "One Click" approach to loading a bird.

Last edited: