• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

(SOLVED-ish) Copy a property from one node to another? And save?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I have a figure with some custom control properties in the root of the figure. Some of them I want to copy to the body parts that they control directly. I was able to do this with property cloner, however when saving the figure asset as a duf and reopening, the copies are gone, they were not saved. Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are you talking about ctrl morphs? If so have you saved them as a morph? If you are adding morphs to a duf file you need to save the morph. It will create a morph file under data.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Are you talking about ctrl morphs? If so have you saved them as a morph? If you are adding morphs to a duf file you need to save the morph. It will create a morph file under data.

Yes. I have them saved, they are in the data folder. What I want to do is copy the morphs so that I can control them from different nodes. For example, I have a control morph that extends the left arm, but it is under General/Pose Controls. I want to be able to copy the morph so that it also appears under Left Shoulder. I think by using Property Mover I could just move it, but I would like it to appear in both places.

Untitled.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I did do some joint control morphs recently but my brain's as fuzzy as all hell this morning. So instead here are the links I used to help me...
Creating Joint Controlled Morphs
Creating Head Split Morphs
Creating morph controlled morphs
Enhanced Remote Control

Hopefully one of these will be useful...edit to add: What you might need to do is edit the current one to add more things that trigger the morph...I'm not sure if I'm understanding what you want to do properly though and not feeling really wonderful today as I said earlier.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Ok, this is solved, I think. I did this: used property cloner to copy a control morph from the main node to a sub node. Then I suspected it was just getting overwritten on the save, so I tried to change the name of the control morph. It wouldn't let me, that box was not selectable. Probably it was still locked/connected to the other control it was cloned from. So I tried to activate the control and do an erc freeze. That completely crashed the program.

So I tried again, went through the same steps up to the erc freeze, but hit the "Create New" button, created a new property with a different name (don't know if this is even necessary, as it saved the morph in the data folder with the sub-node as a prefix) and completed the erc freeze. Worked, I was able to save the figure and the control morph for the sub-node is still there.

This seems like a complicated way to do this, if anyone knows anything simpler, please let me know. Maybe I'm working backwards. For example, if it were simply a matter of loading a morph with morph loader, I think I would have the option of loading it for a specific body part and also creating a control in the main node. Then the sub-control could even be hidden if you wish. What I was trying to do was the opposite of that. (Sorry for my rambling and incoherence, I hope someone can make sense of this)

Untitled.jpg