• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Shoes not following origin?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
To get shoes to follow origins you just check the Follow Origins box right? What if that doesn't work? I can't figure out what stupid thing I'm doing.

English Bob

Adventurous
Can you give more detail on what you're trying to do? Those conforming options have always seemed hit-or-miss to me.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They conform alright until I use the body settings, Legs Bend or Legs Side. Then they don't. I have the follow origins checked too.

English Bob

Adventurous
That doesn't meet my definition of 'conform alright', I must say. :)

What shoes are these: commercial, freebie, or ones you've made yourself?

The 'Follow origins' option is only useful when the figure has animated origins. (I got that from the manual - I was vaguely aware that animated origins were a recent feature, but I couldn't tell you which figures use it.)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They are something I made for Luna. Yah they are for non-animated too.

English Bob

Adventurous
They conform alright until I use the body settings, Legs Bend or Legs Side. Then they don't. I have the follow origins checked too.

I'm just now realising the significance of where you say "until I use the body settings" - do you mean that the shoes conform properly if you bend the legs using the individual shin and thigh controls?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yup. And the follow origins is supposed to work for the body settings. It's checked but it's not working. I'll give it another go tonight.

English Bob

Adventurous
That's odd, for sure. The leg dials in the body should just operate the limbs by remote control, so it won't matter which method you use. However I don't have Luna so I can't investigate.

English Bob

Adventurous
Dawn seems to have the same control system, and it works as expected on the shoes I have for her - none of which is very helpful to you. :)

How did you rig the shoes: using Luna's Dev Rig, re-using a rig that worked before, rigging from scratch in the setup room... Or something else?