• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Scripts useful for content development

Doodle Designs

Eager
Contributing Artist
I have a few scripts that I wrote many years ago that I use when developing new content.

These five scripts do the following:

1. Hide all Selected Nodes
2. Unhide all Selected Nodes
3. Lock and Hide all Properties of Selected Nodes
4. Unhides and Unlocks all Properties of Selected Nodes
5. Unlock all Selected Nodes

The first two will hide and unhide child nodes that you don't want to be seen. I've had occasion to use this. I don't know if anyone else will find it useful.

The last three are used to hide/unhide and lock/unlock all parameters of any node(s). This one is very useful for hiding parameters that you don't want the customer to see/access. For instance, my bathroom figure has child nodes so that the customer can choose to make any part of the figure invisible if they get in the way of render camera angles - such as walls. I really don't want a customer to be trying to do things like move or rotate any of the child nodes since that would mess up the layout of the bathroom, so I want to hide all of the parameters for these nodes, except for a few exceptions, like the hinges of the toilet seat and lid and the door - which can be open/closed.

To save myself the time-consuming task of going into each the parameters of each child node and locking and hiding all the undesirable parameters, one by one, I wrote the last three scripts.

First, I would select all of the child nodes in the Scene tab and run the Lock and Hide all Properties of Selected Nodes script. After that, all of the parameters would be locked and hidden from view in the Parameters tab. I could then, in the case of the few parameters I DO want to show, go to the Parameters tab menu, select Show Hidden Parameters, and then manually unlock and unhide them.

For instance, for my bathroom, I first select all the child nodes in the Scene tab. You can see all the properties are showing in the Parameters tab.

Then I run my Lock and Hide all Properties of Selected Nodes script. This is what it looks like after.All parameters/properties are hidden.

Then I'd go to the menu button at the top of the Parameter tab and select Show Hidden Properties. After doing this, there will be a check mark next to Show Hidden Properties.

I'd then select one of the nodes that has a hinge, click the lock symbol to unlock it, right-click on the parameter, and choose Unhide Selected Properties. I'd repeat this for the other two hinge nodes. (BTW - The open-close names on the parameters are just the proper rotate parameter renamed.)

The next step would be to select all the child nodes again and unlock and unhide any other parameters I felt the customer might want to have access to. In this case, I manually unlocked and unhid the Cast Shadows, Render Priority, Visible in Render, Selectable, and Visible parameters.

* Make sure that you have All selected * This will cause all of the selected nodes to be unlocked and unhidden at the same time - in this case all 28 nodes will be done at the same time.

Go back to the Parameters tab menu and uncheck Show Hidden Properties. Now, you'll see that only the few properties that I wanted unlocked and unhidden are showing.

I'd then save the this as a scene asset.

The other lock/hide scripts can come in handy too.

There's a zip file with all the scripts attached to this post.

I hope someone will find them useful! :)

They are all editable so you can see what each script is doing. Feel free to distribute them to anyone you'd like, but please leave in the copyright line of code.

Attachments

• Scripts.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 205
Last edited: