• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Run for the Roses

frogimus

Adventurous
Well, in bout 2 months the Derby will be back in the spotlight. I know there's "Pixel Downs" in the store, but is there any work on getting Harry to a Thoroughbred body? And racing livery. Of course, Jockey silks for Dusk would be good.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I believe there might be plans for the Thoroughbred breed for Harry, but with all the goodies they've got going, I'm not sure how long it'll be before they get to it. You should check out the Harry the Horse thread --> How The Hivewire Horse (harry) Came To Be. | HiveWire 3D Community I know it's 16 pages long, but IIRC, the Thoroughbred was mentioned, possibly on one of the later pages.

I also like your idea of the Jockey silks. That would be really nice. ;)

frogimus

Adventurous
LOL, I looked and looked for the correct place to put this thread and couldn't find this sub-forum. So some kind soul moved it for me. Now that it's here, I realize it might should have been appended to I wish we had..for Harry the Horse | HiveWire 3D Community

Funny enough, born in Ky and lived here most of my life, but I'm actually ambivalent about the Derby and go out of my way to avoid Louisville if at all possible.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think both are in the works.
I know the Shetland was coming out before the TB (but I don't know what else is coming before it) and I think it was CWRW that mentioned Ken was going to update his Pixel Downs.
There's not a jockey set in the works that I know of (I think our Boy and Gal need more riding cloths :D)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh aye, need a Rosie Napravnik, and a Gary Stevens, and for sure a Victor Espinoza!!!

You can morph a Thoroughbred, but it takes a while and can be a little tedious. The major issue being the top of the neck and the face. Getting it so the eyes don't look weird and bulge is also an issue.

I have seen the model and it is very regal!! I think they may possibly go chestnut with the coat color like Secretariat/California Chrome, but lots of things are in front of getting it there. I know KONG (the gorilla is being rigged now, Eli the elephant, and Kitty) are all on that list too and Laurie and Ken are working on the pegasus!

This one is based on Stubbs paintings, and Zenyatta. I do have the morph settings saved, but ......... really think you would be more satisfied with the actual one from here.

I know the Kentucky Derby is first weekend in May, then the Preakness is two weeks from then in mid May , then the Belmont Stakes are the first weekend in June, for the American Triple Crown.

I think the Royal Ascot in England is in July, and the British 2000 Guineas is late April Early May depending on turf conditions and the weather, and the New Zealand 2000 Guineas I'm not sure about the status of that one as they have had some earthquakes in/near ChristChurch and is the week following the Aussie's Melbourne Cup in November, but you may have to wait until November in the US for the Breeder's Cup. The Triple Crown for sure gets more press, but the Breeder's Cup Ladies Distaff, Juvenile Sprint, and Breeder's Cup Mile are really a more valuable race stud/mare wise as breeding stocks go seeing as it's the best of the best from all different countries that get nominated to go to the Cup. I wish Sea The Stars would of made the trip from France for the Breeder's Cup, but could not find anyone to insure him for $10 million dollars for the trip over to Santa Anita. LOL
Untitled-14 copy.jpg

Untitled-15 copy.jpg

I also did an Akhal Teke version. Sigh, to have rib morphs for Harry would be nice and some veins!! I still need to tweak the lower jaw some and the eyes according to Rae last time I posted these in the old forum!! She does know what she is talking about when it comes to their conformation!!
Akhel Teke.jpg
Akhel Teke Head.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I also did an Akhal Teke version. Sigh, to have rib morphs for Harry would be nice and some veins!! I still need to tweak the lower jaw some and the eyes according to Rae last time I posted these in the old forum!! She does know what she is talking about when it comes to their conformation!!
I think you did a brilliant job NA, and I don't know if you can get that hooded eye with Harry anyway :)

Ahhhh some rib morphs and veins for Harry would be great (even some muscle ones, I thought the QH would have been able to be more bulky like I know some of the American ones are).

And I think you are correct with the Chestnut. It was on my Harry wishlist and Laurie said she was going to do one for the TB, unless she's changed her mind of course :) (my last horse was a big True Red TB with a tiny white star so I'm hanging out for one :p)