• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RIP Carol Cavalaris (Romanceworks) and Memorial Service

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My dear and wonderful friend, and amazing, talented and passionate artist Carol Cavalaris (better known as Romanceworks in the 3d and digital art communities) passed away last Friday. I don't have the words to say how much she will be missed by me and all her dear friends, and loyal fans. I can only console myself with knowing that she is now with her beloved LJ again.

This beautiful piece is one of the last she did: Equality 1 - Panther Lion Tiger by romanceworks Mixed Medium Animals
As always it shows her caring and beautiful spirit that she shared so willingly with the world.

A small group of her friends and family will be having a Memorial Service on Sunday August 9th at 2 pm. If you knew Carol/were a fan of her work and would like me to read any words you would like to share, you can post or PM them to me here and I will pass them on at the service.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't know her, but have seen, and admired, her artwork for a long time.

R.I.P. Romanceworks

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
So sad to hear this, and my heart goes out to all who knew her.

Jan

Adventurous
I also admired her work. I have a couple of products she released years ago. RIP

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Another saddening loss for the 3D community - may her legacy and art live on in those she inspired with her work, and may her contributions have in some way improved this world for some.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
So sad to hear. What a beautiful Equality image. Her art says a lot about who she was in the world. What a wonderful legacy to leave behind. May she Rest In Peace.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks everyone! I'm still very much processing that she is gone.... :( We did have a wonderful Memorial get-together (all masked and social distancing) for her at her home in the Colorado mountains on Sunday. It was very special. I am working with Jenn Blake over at Rendo to get together a tribute for her over there as she has been part of the Rendo community since 2003 and was an AOM there as well as a vendor there back when. I wil post a link to that here once they have it up.