• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Requirements for 32 bit blender

Lobo3433

Admirable
Minimum (basic usage) hardware
  • 32-bit dual core 2Ghz CPU with SSE2 support.
  • 2 GB RAM.
  • 24 bits 1280×768 display.
  • Mouse or trackpad.
  • OpenGL 2.1 compatible graphics with 512 MB RAM

Lobo3433

Admirable
Can you list the specs of your Machine depending on how old it is it is possible to run an older version of Blender. I have found that Blender can usually run on anything the specs I posted are for the most recent build and even if you can not run the most recent you should still be able to run a version of Blender. I will be glad to help you find a version you can start with. Main info you can get me is how much ram do you have and what OpenGl version you do have this article will explain how to determine what OpenGl version you have How To: Check the graphics card type and OpenGL version

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
It is an old netbook. It originally had xp on it but now has 7. I will get on it and take a screenshot of the specs. I know it has 1 gig of ram.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Trying to add screen shot.
] computerspecs.png

Lobo3433

Admirable
OK if your laptop can support windows 7 you should be able to install blender 2.76 which was still supported to run on Windows XP machines so anything below 2.76 should work and it was a pretty good stable version wont have all the Bells and whistles like 2.7 and up but still a good modeler in my opinion. I would go for 2.76b which was the last stable edition before the system requirement changes Index of /release/Blender2.76/ other good releases that had very few bugs were 2.72b and 2.69 hope this helps let me know and you will find many tutorials are available for all these versions I mention to give you a start

Lobo3433

Admirable
In blender go to File>User Prefrences on the tabs got to system and in the sampling rate using the drop down arrow change from 44100hz to 48000hz that will make this error go away see my screen shot below

Clipboard01.jpg