• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rendo forums

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I am looking for input as to how you browse Renderosity's forums (fora?).

Here at HW, I go to forums and hit the new posts button. At Daz, I go to the gear dropdown and hit Recent Discussions (Actually I have shortcuts that do all the work for me.) Life is too short to browse through multiple forums and sub-forums, I want to see it all on the same page(s).

At Renderosity, I have yet to find a way to do this. The forums seem so dense, there is no way I can navigate through anything or even begin to find something I am interested in. I have tried in the past and quickly given up. Is there a new posts or recent discussions button that I am missing somewhere? How do you all manage it?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Update: Playing around with it a bit, the closest thing I have found is to hit the search button with a blank search and then sort from newest to oldest. However, that displays individual posts, whereas I would prefer to see whole threads that have new posts. Anyway, maybe I can live with it if no one has any other ideas....

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yes, but that is the opposite of what I want. I want to see new posts in ALL forums, not have to hunt and peck.

At the Renderosity forums there is no easy way to "see all new/active posts in the last x days", so far as I know, either within or across different sub-forums. One useful tip is to: make a new folder in your browser bookmarks. Then place (drag) in the links to the sub-forums you want to track. Then right-click on this filled folder and you should be able to "Open all" the links, each in a new tab, in one click.

Reactions: 3WC

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I guess I'm so used to the forum setup, it doesn't bother me, other than this continually having to login issue they've been having lately. I haven't noticed it with the store so much, but if I go back to the forum in more than an 1 hour after my last visit, I have to login again. I hope they finish whatever backend stuff they're doing soooooon.

McGyver

Energetic
I drink heavily before browsing Rendo’s forums... It honestly isn’t going to hurt my chances of navigating there successfully and it numbs the pain... and if I post something I don’t have to worry about making sense.*

* I generally don’t worry about that anyway.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
At the Renderosity forums there is no easy way to "see all new/active posts in the last x days", so far as I know, either within or across different sub-forums. One useful tip is to: make a new folder in your browser bookmarks. Then place (drag) in the links to the sub-forums you want to track. Then right-click on this filled folder and you should be able to "Open all" the links, each in a new tab, in one click.
Nice suggestion, thank you.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just made that same suggestion to someone yesterday. I don't do that, as I only have the forums I want to visit regularly visible, so I just go through them one at a time.