• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question regarding new Equestrian accessories for Dawn

Freyfaxi

Adventurous
First off..let me apologise is this is the wrong forum for this question. I checked the headings on the other forums..and there doesn't seem to be one for asking questions regarding products ??
I purchased all the new Equestrian outfits and Accessories for Dawn this morning..and I have a question regarding the riding helmet in the Accessories pack.
Maybe I'm missing something obvious..but I can't get the helmet to fit Dawn if she has any hair..the hair just blows out around the helmet. I sort of expected that..nothing unusual with that..often happens with hair and hats. But then I noticed..there's only a total rescale option..no x or y or z rescale options. And..if you rescale the entire helmet..you can't shift it back onto the head..the Y translate function doesn't work ?
Anyone know of a fix for this ? Bald Dawns don't look the greatest :)

Oops..I just found that this thread should really be in the "Questions/Feedback forum..could a mod please move it down there ? My apologies

Last edited:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
The helmet isn't made to fit over typical hair. I tried, and due to the design of a riding helmet, fitting it over standard hair just makes it look like a balloon sitting on her head.

That's why I included an option to use and fit the Master Skull Cap by 3Dream under the helmet. Nothing else fits under it and still maintains what a Riding Helmet is supposed to look like.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can confirm Traci's suggestion about using 3Dreams Master Skull Cap. I'm in the middle of setting up a render, and it works perfectly, as long as you uncheck Use Displacement Maps in your Render Settings for the scene, otherwise it will look like it fits under the helmet in Preview, but won't render that way.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I can confirm Traci's suggestion about using 3Dreams Master Skull Cap. I'm in the middle of setting up a render, and it works perfectly, as long as you uncheck Use Displacement Maps in your Render Settings for the scene, otherwise it will look like it fits under the helmet in Preview, but won't render that way.

Actually, just look in the Pose folder. Thanks to Gadget Girl, there is a script to turn off the displacement on the hair, not in the render settings.

Double click the pose file, with the hair selected and you're all set.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Traci, I tried that, but my problem is I have the MSC, and addon hair styles, installed in my Poser 9 Runtime, so GG's script didn't find it, because most scripts use a relative path, so only look in the "current" Runtime, rather than the Runtime the product's installed in.

I usually don't like installing products in more than one Runtime, but in this case, I probably should, so I can use her script again.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yes Traci, I tried that, but my problem is I have the MSC, and addon hair styles, installed in my Poser 9 Runtime, so GG's script didn't find it, because most scripts use a relative path, so only look in the "current" Runtime, rather than the Runtime the product's installed in.

I usually don't like installing products in more than one Runtime, but in this case, I probably should, so I can use her script again.

Actually, it doesn't matter when the hair is installed. You must have it loaded in the scene though. And selected on the Figure Dropdown menu.

Barring that, you should just turn off the displacement on the hair in the material room. There may be other things in the scene which require displacement during render and turning it off on the render screen will potentially mess those up.

On the Advanced Tab, right click on the displacement connector and choose disconnect
MSCDisplacementOff.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Barring that, you should just turn off the displacement on the hair in the material room. There may be other things in the scene which require displacement during render and turning it off on the render screen will potentially mess those up.
Ahhh, I hadn't thought of removing the displacement from the MSC itself. Good point, as the ground I'm using probably needs it's displacement map. I'll make a note.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, it doesn't matter when the hair is installed. You must have it loaded in the scene though. And selected on the Figure Dropdown menu.
OK, I just opened a new scene with Dawn, the MSC and the Helmet, and got the same error messages, but this time I read them without just closing the popup, so now I realize what I did wrong.

I had the Helmet selected so I could apply the FitMSC morph, but forgot to go back and re-select the MSC. This time I could see the Helmet was still selected in the Hierarchy Editor, and with the particular error messages I got, realized my mistake. Now it works fine, and it only disconnects the Displacement Map, which is good if I decide to do another render without the Helmet, as I can just go back in and hook it up. ;)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
OK, I just opened a new scene with Dawn, the MSC and the Helmet, and got the same error messages, but this time I read them without just closing the popup, so now I realize what I did wrong.

I had the Helmet selected so I could apply the FitMSC morph, but forgot to go back and re-select the MSC. This time I could see the Helmet was still selected in the Hierarchy Editor, and with the particular error messages I got, realized my mistake. Now it works fine, and it only disconnects the Displacement Map, which is good if I decide to do another render without the Helmet, as I can just go back in and hook it up. ;)

Yeah, that was the idea! Cool!