• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Protip: Animated library thumbnails

English Bob

Adventurous
Imagine my surprise, while searching my library, to find an animated thumbnail. PNGs can't animate, can they? Or has Poser 11 gained the ability to use the animated APNG format? But this was an old item (dated 2005). On checking, it seems that folder has been corrupted in some way, since one of the thumbnails was a half-downloaded JPEG (Poser still displays it), and others were completely unreadable.

It turns out the thumbnail was a good old animated GIF, but with the extension renamed to PNG. This could be because I'm using an external browser to view my library. I don't know if this still holds true for the internal library browser - maybe someone would be kind enough to try it? If it does, I imagine this trick would be perfect for animated poses.

If this has been common knowledge for years, please could you jeer quietly? It's about time for my afternoon nap. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have tested this in Poser Pro 11, latest build 11.04, and it works indeed! Quite a nifty trick! ^_____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can give it a try on Poser 9 and 10. In theory, if it works in 10, it should also work in previous versions since it's the same library code. It has been completely rewritten in Poser 11, and that's why I have tested there first.

English Bob

Adventurous
It would be nice to know, but not at the expense of more useful things you have to do. I think I still have Poser 9 installed on one of my machines; I'll try it there as soon as I remember which one it is. :)

Another question - are you running Windows or Mac? It's possible that different libraries may be involved. I'm on Windows 7.