• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Promo images for poses?

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
ok, so I am at the point of thinking about creating the promo images for my big cat and cub poses and had question about promo images. I have a lot of poses (about 54 or so total). A number of the poses are basically the same for the big cat and cub ( that is I have a big cat and cub version of the same pose). So as I doing promos I am wondering if I need to show each pose in both the big cat and cub version or if I can show some of the poses with the big cat only and others with the cub only and indicate in the product information text that they are provided in both big cat and cub versions.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
ok, so I am at the point of thinking about creating the promo images for my big cat and cub poses and had question about promo images. I have a lot of poses (about 54 or so total). A number of the poses are basically the same for the big cat and cub ( that is I have a big cat and cub version of the same pose). So as I doing promos I am wondering if I need to show each pose in both the big cat and cub version or if I can show some of the poses with the big cat only and others with the cub only and indicate in the product information text that they are provided in both big cat and cub versions.

So excited you are doing these! On the promos yes I think your idea is sound since you have so many poses and they are for both. I would just recommend also some text in the actual product imagery stating that. Not everyone reads the page text:)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would just recommend also some text in the actual product imagery stating that. Not everyone reads the page text:)
You took the words right out of my mouth Laurie. Text on the promo images indicating the poses are for both Big Cat and Cub is the best way to make sure folks get that information. I know I'm sometimes lax about reading all the info on the product pages. Though adding a line to that effect in the ReadMe is good too. That I do read more often that the product page.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
So if I put "poses shown in this image are provided in both big cat and cub versions" do you think that would be clear enough?

I recounted. I have, not counting zero poses, 53 poses total. No, wait that can't be right...ack! I missed doing a cub version of one of the big cat poses. Okay, there will be 54 poses. 24 of which have both big cat and cub versions for a total of 48 poses. The there are 2 big cat poses that don't have cub equivalents and 4 cub poses that don't have big cat equivalents for a grand total of 54. Now to go do that missing cub pose....

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Miss B and Laurie are right and it can be done that way...also if you wanted you could do the renders for both at the same time so it's still the same number of renders but you have a visual to show that both are included. Hope this makes sense I'm just a tad brain dead from work...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And you'll save on renders if you do the "couple" poses as one render (like the 3 cubs napping together) since they are a set.

Can I say how much I LOVE these poses? well so there, I just did :p :wub:

(also sorry its taken me so long but I've been having computer troubles, yesterday it quit and wouldn't restart at all so I think it might be an overheating issue, could still be a memory one tho :()

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
So if I put "poses shown in this image are provided in both big cat and cub versions" do you think that would be clear enough?

I recounted. I have, not counting zero poses, 53 poses total. No, wait that can't be right...ack! I missed doing a cub version of one of the big cat poses. Okay, there will be 54 poses. 24 of which have both big cat and cub versions for a total of 48 poses. The there are 2 big cat poses that don't have cub equivalents and 4 cub poses that don't have big cat equivalents for a grand total of 54. Now to go do that missing cub pose....

I would state as Laurie and Miss B did that they are for both the big cat and cub, and then you might give a few examples using the cub in your promos or artistic renders. With so many to represent in the promos it will be difficult to do all the poses for both the Big Cat and the Cub.

This is one for Call of the Wild Poses for Dusk that can also be used with Jungle Kids.
Jungle-Kids-copy.jpg

And Oh Goody!! Big Cat and Cub poses !!! :)