• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Projection Templates for Dusk

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Should be in 10680-dusk-textures-ds-psr-7of7.zip in Templates folder.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think Randy is referring to the PROJECTION templates for fitting different kinds of clothing to Dusk. Devil gave us a great set of them for Dawn a long while back but then he up and disappeared and never got around to making the ones for Dusk.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
You can actually use any existing clothing for Dusk/ Dawn as a projection template of sorts. If the transfer from Dusk doesn't give you the best results, load a similar piece of clothing and do a second transfer from that clothing. Just be sure to uncheck the "fit to source figure" option for this second transfer. I would also use the "Merge Hierarchies" option in the Weight Maps extended options menu. This will add any special rigging from the clothing to your clothing without breaking Dusk's rig.

You may have to hand edit your clothing's .dsf file "preferred Base" option to Dusk. Sometimes Ds will change this when using the transfer utility, even if you have "Fit To Source Figure" unchecked from the step above.

OKCRandy

Thank you I will try your suggestion Cubed.

I have another issue with Studio that I cannot figure out. I am refitting some clothing and DS does something strange with some of the geometry.

DS_Problem.png

Last edited:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks like inverted poly's.

Paul, I think it's a great work around but it would be faster and less clicks if we had proper templates for clothing items. :)