• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Project Viability Study: Dawn Bodyshape Magnet Kit

Should I make this product?

• Don't bother at all

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Make the Obese and Bodybuilder Morphs and nothing else

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Make only a general tutorial about scaling morph options

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Make the whole thing

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Make all the morphs except the scaling, Obese and Bodybuilder

• Make all the morphs except the scaling ones

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
I've been asked to make a magnet kit and accompanying tutorial for making morph fits for the Dawn BodyShape morph set. The first step in any project is deciding if it can be done, and if it should be done.

Issues: Many of the morphs in this set have scaling incorporated. There are four extreme shapes which will be very difficult to fit.

As a test I have transferred these morphs to my DawnDevsuit using PoserPro 11's morph transfer tool. If I turn on all the conforming options for the clothing in the parameters panel, even the scaled morphs convert. Estimate fix time in poser, half a day for viable morphs for all included in this set. That's about usual. This cr2 when saved and tested in DS worked just fine, all morphs performed as expected.

This would lead me to believe a morph kit for this set is not needed.

When attempting to transfer via Morphing Clothes it sees only 8 morphs on the head and absolutely no other morphs. This is peculiar. The Starter Set Morphs show up as usual. This is worth the morph developer looking into, to see what they did that is making this commonly used tool go blind.

I have gone over what is left of my first attempt at this set, in 2014. Frankly not much is usable and I did not get very far in before abandoning the project. None of the magnet sets I have partially built are usable at this time.

Current estimation of time needed for this set:
2 days for all the regular morphs.
4-8 days for the four extreme shapes
2-? days for the scaling shapes
1-2 days for the tutorial(s)

Total from 3 days to 2 weeks.
Frankly I'm not sure enough people will want this to make it viable to make. If I skip some of the problem morphs it will take less time and be a slightly better prospect. However for my own use I wouldn't bother - the test with Poser's morph transfer tool shows only Obese and Bodybuilder would need special handling.

I've included a poll so people can give me their opinion of whether or not to make the product, and if so what to include or leave out.

Lyrra

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I hardly ever use the body morphs because it complicates the use of clothing so much!