• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Possible LAMH preset for the kitten available for poser ??

Rhaeve

Inspired
Hello,

I wonder if it's possible to get the LAMH preset for the hivewire cats made available for Poser users ?? I don't use Daz Studio and i really want a fuzzy kitten, but can't use the LAMH preset in Poser. It looks great from the images i've seen on the site and i am grateful, that there is such a preset for free, but sadly not for use in Poser.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Rhaeve -

Welcome to HiveWire :)

Unfortunately, LAMH is something that only works in DAZ Studio, not Poser. So we would need someone who can create fur in Poser in order for this to work.

I'm moving this over to the "I wish we had" forum for you

Rhaeve

Inspired
Hi, Rhaeve -

Welcome to HiveWire :)

Unfortunately, LAMH is something that only works in DAZ Studio, not Poser. So we would need someone who can create fur in Poser in order for this to work.

I'm moving this over to the "I wish we had" forum for you
Thank you and thank you for the swift reply :) I know there is a way to export a fibermesh from LAMH from the plugin as an object, so hoping that someone would be so kind enough to share that.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thank you and thank you for the swift reply :) I know there is a way to export a fibermesh from LAMH from the plugin as an object, so hoping that someone would be so kind enough to share that.

I have tried that- coudn't figure how to get it to "conform"/move with it etc- I could only get it to sort of work if I didn't change the pose etc at all. Others may some idea on how to make the fibermesh conform to the figure. I have messed with the Poser Hair Room and someday might get far enough to go that route with all the HW kitties, large and small. Also hoping maybe now Rendo has Poser that they might do some work to update the Hair Room and make it a bit easier:) I've been sticking with LAMH because I can make a preset in hours not weeks, which the Poser Hair Room takes.

Rhaeve

Inspired
I know about the poser hair room, it's awful...:D. I tried with fibermesh in zbrush, but that came out so large poser couldn't handle it. And the same problem, that you had, it stayed put, no movement, not even as a smart prop. But i'm not giving up. Was just hoping for an easier route ;). I will be victorious....one day. :p

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I don't know if you can export the hair as an obj from DS and import into Poser to overlay onto a figure in the same pose; my export to obj tends to crash the software, but I'm giving it a go. Poser's own hair room isn't so friendly if you have more than one body group to apply hair to.

Edit- My Poser chokes on the exported obj.

Last edited:

Rhaeve

Inspired
I don't know if you can export the hair as an obj from DS and import into Poser to overlay onto a figure in the same pose; my export to obj tends to crash the software, but I'm giving it a go. Poser's own hair room isn't so friendly if you have more than one body group to apply hair to.

Edit- My Poser chokes on the exported obj.
Thank you for trying, thank you all for giving it a go. It's very kind to help out a new-bee :balloon03:.

Rhaeve

Inspired
Have you tried a displacement map? maybe some noise on a 3000 x 3000 map, would do the trick
Yes and a transparency map. It works...well kinda on the grown cats, but not on the kitten fur. Kitten fur is more fuzzy, but i have found a way. it will take some time, but i don't mind that. Thank you all again for the replies and the ideas. They do help.

Rhaeve

Inspired
Update: A friend of mine exported the hair from LAMH as fiber hair object. He tried different settings with quantity and ended up with a file over 1gb. So sadly, while the presets look awesome in Daz Studio, converting them into fiber hair obj, looks like -insert bad word here-... for use in Poser. I am not giving up, but will have to putt it on ice for a little. :p