• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Randomly Altering Lights

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Over the last 2 years I have run into very annoying behavior from Poser where it seems to randomly alter lights settings and intensities, or add unwanted keyframes when I am working on complex animated scenes with lights. This is frustrating as I will do tons of test renders to get lighting set up, then save my scenes and render them later - and then find lights flickering, moving, or a scene suddenly washed out, or new lights I never added. It has caused me to waste months of render time redoing scenes. This behavior seems to be almost exclusive to Poser 2012 and 2014 (don't have Poser 112 running, and it does not happen in Poser 7/Pro). Has anyone else run into this behavior, or is it some hidden algorithm poser has just to set my projects back? If anyone else has seen this, any idea why/what's causing it?

This isn't a case of me forgetting I am animating and not setting proper keying for the lights - this is I will adjust the lights, test render selected frames, save the scene, send it to Queue and find the lights not the way they were set up.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm weird. Are you changing them on frame 1? If you don't put the changes on frame 1 they change around.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
As I already said, it is not a case of me improperly or forgetfully key framing. This is happening after lights have been carefully set, frames test rendered, and the scene saved and later loaded and sent to render queue. I save incrementally as I work, and setting full lights is among the final stages before final render - that and smoothing over DOF tests. First and last frames are always test rendered, as are random and pre-chosen frames throughout for mood, color, brightness, etc...

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Have you tried sequential saves to see at what point in your setup process the light issues begin after re-loading a scene? Also, are you closing Poser completely before reloading?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
It has to be happening when the scene is loaded. As I said I save incrementally, and the light setup and DOF tests are the final stage before saving for final render. The final render-ready scene is always saved to a directory just for finished scenes. They do not always get rendered immediately.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Saving after setting the first light, saving as a separate file after setting the second light and so on- see if it's ANY light that has issues or whether it only starts happening after a certain number.