• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 12 sale

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Bondware CEO, Tim Choate, has confirmed Poser 12 is indeed on sale for mere $25 at Humble Bundle, so this is legit. This is the FIRST time people have the chance to purchase or upgrade for such a low price, so I was surprised as well.

So if you want to upgrade, this is your chance. ^^

Riccardo

Adventurous
Be aware that Poser 13 has already been released,
so this Poser 12 offer is NOT the current version.
Nevertheless, I think it is a really interesting deal and I'll probably upgrade.
Even though my Poser 9 until now has only been used as an importer plug-in for Carrara :D

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a couple of questions...

where does the serial number come from?

is it registered with Rendo?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
a couple of questions...

As usual with Humble Bundle, once you complete the purchase, you land at a page with instructions for how to obtain the key and how to activate it.

Riccardo

Adventurous
a couple of questions...

Uhmmm... It looks like they sell it through graphixly
Poser
Who, I imagine, will give you the serial,
Which can be used here, bottom of the page, where I see various Poser sellers including Graphixly
Poser - 3D Rendering & Animation Software
So I hope this will result in a "Officially Owned Poser" for Bondware.
But this is just my guess. I have not tried yet...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Uhmmm... It looks like they sell it through graphixly
Poser
Who, I imagine, will give you the serial,
Which can be used here, bottom of the page, where I see various Poser sellers including Graphixly
So I hope this will result in a "Officially Owned Poser" for Bondware.
But this is just my guess. I have not tried yet...

Bondware's CEO, Tim Choate, has confirmed that Graphixly is a company formed by ex-SMS employees who are handling this promotion. This is totally legit. Besides, Humble Bundle is a reputable company, so there is nothing to worry about. I have been buying from them for many years now.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
thanks

I bought it. There were a few steps to go through with emails ect. then you end up at Rendo to download the products once you confirm the reg key.. all good...

I then upgraded to 13 ..... dunno why as I don't use it but thought the extras ( to use in Carrara ) was worth the price to support it. :inverted:

I think I was bored o_O

Riccardo

Adventurous
Bondware's CEO, Tim Choate, has confirmed that Graphixly is a company formed by ex-SMS employees who are handling this promotion. This is totally legit. Besides, Humble Bundle is a reputable company, so there is nothing to worry about. I have been buying from them for many years now.
Yes Ken, I was only trying to guess what the process would be, since Stezza was wondering about it.
I have been buying from Humble Bundle for a long time, too, so I did not doubt even for a second that their offer was legit :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes Ken, I was only trying to guess what the process would be, since Stezza was wondering about it.
I have been buying from Humble Bundle for a long time, too, so I did not doubt even for a second that their offer was legit :)

Sure thing - just clarifying for everybody else who don't know HB. :)

Riccardo

Adventurous
Ok girls and guys, I also bought the bundle.

Everything seems to be fine.

Except for the fact that even when you have the license key you need an active Internet connection to validate your copy of Poser 12.
But that is just what I consider a bad habit too many companies have.

So, to recap how it works:

----
You may create accounts at these sites, but this is not required.
Your email address (and some billing data for Graphixly) will suffice.

So, you buy at Humble Bundle
There, you reveal a coupon code
and follow redeem instructions there...

You land to graphixly and put the product in the cart.
You apply the revealed HB coupon and the price is zeroed.
Completing the procedure will give you a Poser 12 license key
(they send you a couple of emails)
Then they send you to Poser Software
where you can validate your key and download the Poser 12 installer (not the content ones)

Install the program.

Ok, now let's say that you have your Poser 12 up and running...

You can install all the included content from inside the Poser Library (very convenient, I did it)

But if you want to also have the offline content installers (I definitely want) you go here
and at the bottom of the page you find the links to download the offline .zip files for manual install
(requiring your License key to access)
----

I hope you have a fast Internet connection because all this stuff is around than 22 GB (including content)

But above all I hope this helps anyone who may be interested in buying this bundle...

Riccardo

Adventurous
And since we are in the Hivewire 3D forums, I will specify their content.

So, in addition to the old, classic Poser stuff, La Femme and so on,
in the included content we also find these HW3D products.

Dawn
Baby Luna
Big Dog
Dusk
Gorilla for Dusk
Horse
House cat

I believe these are just the Poser versions, so we probably will not be able to use them in Daz Studio or Carrara, at least not directly.

I wonder if, maybe through a Poser Software account, we can join them and have all these products show up in the Renderosity account as well...