• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Passing Friends

Hornet3d

Wise
So three weeks on from bringing Topper home from the rescue centre and a week since we had the first session with the trainer and things have changed massively. We have had a week of great walks, at least two a day, and in all that time Topper has only reacted to other dogs on four occasions. The first was partly our fault as we panicked slightly when to great big poodles came bounding up to Topper, there followed few minutes of him struggling on the lead and a lot of barking but that was all. On the other occasions he only barked if the other dog barked at him first and he soon calmed down. He still reacts to birds pulling on the lead slightly when he sees them but the Springer Spaniels are gun dogs and one of the jobs is to get the birds air borne thus 'springing' them for shooting parties so I guess is something that will always be the case.

Second meeting with the trainer today and within the first few minutes of the walk Topper was walking along side his dog with no issues. Adding a long training lead and Topper was in his element, running everywhere and tying to get the trainers dog to play. His recall is superb coming back with no hesitation even when he clearly has other ideas in mind.

So, in summary, my wife and I are over the moon, loving long walks in peace and Topper is now living up to the potential we saw in him when we first met him. We just cannot believed we have reached this point in a matter of weeks.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So three weeks on from bringing Topper home from the rescue centre and a week since we had the first session with the trainer and things have changed massively. We have had a week of great walks, at least two a day, and in all that time Topper has only reacted to other dogs on four occasions. The first was partly our fault as we panicked slightly when to great big poodles came bounding up to Topper, there followed few minutes of him struggling on the lead and a lot of barking but that was all. On the other occasions he only barked if the other dog barked at him first and he soon calmed down. He still reacts to birds pulling on the lead slightly when he sees them but the Springer Spaniels are gun dogs and one of the jobs is to get the birds air borne thus 'springing' them for shooting parties so I guess is something that will always be the case.

Second meeting with the trainer today and within the first few minutes of the walk Topper was walking along side his dog with no issues. Adding a long training lead and Topper was in his element, running everywhere and tying to get the trainers dog to play. His recall is superb coming back with no hesitation even when he clearly has other ideas in mind.

So, in summary, my wife and I are over the moon, loving long walks in peace and Topper is now living up to the potential we saw in him when we first met him. We just cannot believed we have reached this point in a matter of weeks.
Oh, that is fantastic! Sometimes the training is worth the money.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh, that is fantastic! Sometimes the training is worth the money.
Yep high costs but quick and high rewards. We knew we were taking on a handful but we are both retired and have the time train a dog. Our problem turned out to be worse than expected as the rehoming centre's opinion of him was way off. In the end we accepted we had the time but not the skills so training has helped big Time!!