• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Off brand humor

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Ok, so a little bit of a rant and pet peeve for me, please bear with me.
I have long been growing more irritable with Google Search results. There was a time they were the best around (ok, possibly pre-millenium, definitely pre-2010). Lately the search results have become less and less helpful or relevant. As of today I feel google is completely broken. I mean, I type in my search term and not one of the responses is the correct response. Here, see for yourself:
GoogleMaster.jpg

As anyone knows this is not the correct response. There is only one correct answer to the Question "Who is the Master?"

DanaTA

Distinguished
That is a great movie!

However, I watched a show years ago called The Master...starred Lee Van Cleef and Sho Kosugi. It was a very good show.

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I vaguely remember a show of that name from my childhood about ninjas.
Also, I love The Last Dragon It is such an Iconic 80's movie that I feel just does not get the respect or attention it deserves. Sure it is a bit cheesy, and cornie, and sometimes you are like "what exactly am I watching" but it is a fun martial arts move. Not quite parody, but certainly not extremely heavy either. Sho Nuff is one of my top 10 great movie villains. How could google not have that answer... there was a time when the google devs had a sense of humor and that would have been the first response.

robert952

Brilliant
Google (or any search engine) does not answer questions. Search engines find all the references where words are associated (close together) on web pages. They optimize by ignoring some words like 'the' and 'is.' The results (in this case over 5.2 trillion places found in 0.77 seconds) then get prioritized based on the history of clicks when the results are presented. In this case, more people clicked on web pages with Dr. Who and Master when they searched: who is the master

When search criteria lies within quotes - "Who is the Master" the engine looks for this specific sequence of words appears (only 47.5 million times) on web pages. The Kung Fu movies show up at the top of the list again based on the links users click on when that phrase as the search criteria.

So, statistically speaking, based on what everyone who searched the words (not phrase), the Dr Who references lead the way.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Actually, I did a Google search just now. Here is the result, when posing the query like this: "Who is the master?"

who is the master - Google Search.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
That is likely because I have spent the last 3 days repeating that search and upvoting that video so google can get it right. :D

robert952

Brilliant
@KageRyu I like watching Kung Fu movies occasionally. I am not what you would call a knowledgeable fan of the genre. As you surmised, I do not know this quote.

I interpreted your rant as more serious than it was intended and my trainer gene kicked in. I spent 9 years as a trainer for a global manufacturing company. I am always quick to share my knowledge.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@robert952 The Last Dragon is relatively...unique. While it is a kung fu movie, it is not your atypical kung fu movie. It has it's serious moments, but it has a lot of 80's music culture, and silliness. It is rather hard to explain really except to say my experience is people either love it or hate it. Sometimes you are like "what am I watching?" and you just have to sit back and enjoy the ride. I would recommend it to fans and non-fans of kung fu as it has so much more to it... but it should be approached with the expectation of some comedy and shenanigans. Their are really more like 2 main plots that criss cross one another, and while the kung fu centered plot can mostly be taken as serious, the other plot is about the violent and corrupt world of music promotion...

robert952

Brilliant
@KageRyu Thanks for the synopsis. I have watched more than a few movies that are the 'love it/hate it' type.

Rocky Horror comes to mind. I love it my wife doesn't understand why.

But she is the same way about horror movies. and I enjoy watching cheesy 'teenagers getting killed at summer camp' movies. I am kind of like Beetlejuice - I've watched The Exorcist 27 times and it just keeps getting funnier.

And to counter, I tolerate rom-coms and watch them with her. Not sure why she likes them. Guess I am just not romantic.