• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

need Hivewire dog help - need special breed & LAMH question

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
I have a project that requires a Weimaraner Breed of dog. Here are some pics ... How hard would it be to turn HBD into this breed, including the cropped tail? And how with that interact with LAMH. Also, on that same note, I also want to buy the color sets for HBD but want to make sure the LAMH preset will work with those, too. Are there any morph set, free or purchase, I should also grab?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
LAMH will use the base textures (there are settings to over-ride this). so any textures should be ok.

I think with a few tweaks you could get the Lab to look like a Weimaraner, not sure about the docked tail tho.

No freebies out there that I know of but I haven't looked for a long time.

Last edited:

WillowRaven

Enthusiast
Thanks ... Maybe I'll have to ask in the Daz forum, but I hate doing that about Hivewire products. Some of the mods don't like it.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I bet they don't. Might be worth checking at Rendo since they sell the HW dog there as well.

I did make a "blue coat" from the Lab texture that would work for a Weim so its not too hard to get the texture, it would be just the Tail I think you might run into trouble with.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I was thinking to do a bull dog cropped tail with a trans map, maybe you could do that. :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
No the current available LAMH presets will not work with a cropped tail. (and yes I made the current HWBD LAMH presets, but we currently don't have a cropped tail dog/morph yet, so hence no LAMH presets with a cropped tail:) I did discover that when trying to hide body parts that had LAMH applied to them that I didn't want to show, in this image:

11975-hivewire-puppy-02.jpg

What I have done (and yes it is more time consuming) is to run one render with the LAMH and one without, with the tail parts you want hidden/"turned off" and then composite the 2 renders. Now if you have the full LAMH program, you could select those tail parts you don't want to show/have hair on them and shorten the length of the guide hairs on those body sections (in this case, certain tail sections) so short they cease to exist basically. Yeah complicated, I know:) If you really like any of my free presets for the dog, I would be happy to try to customize my current presets for a cropped tail. It could work; I haven't tried that yet. PM me if you want and we can see what can be done.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmmm, hope the bulldog morph gets finished soon.
I used dials to shorten the tail for one of my images bit it didn't look quite right.