• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need help: autohide paremeters

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Do anybody know how to make condition-hidden parameters, like in Daz ubershader for Iray? So when I zero some weight all linked parameter hide themself?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Interesting question...is there a shader that comes with DS that I can check? Is it in the base ubershader? That sounds like something that is scripted. I did have a look under the math and state bricks under MDL/Default Modules. but I couldn't see anything that looks like a if...then do this type modifier.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Yes, it's base Iray Ubershader. And I can't find anything in parameters settings. (There are if-else in bricks (utility-choose value), but bricks can't hide parameters.)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I'll have a look. Not that I'm an expert. I haven't played much with the IRay side of shadermixer.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just had an off the wall thought...if you turn off a specific Layer wouldn't that turn everything on a layer off?

Under Materials Editor you have Layering and can add a weighted layer. If you turn off the weight layer wouldn't everything associated with it also be turned off?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just had a quick look...I take it that your talking about in the surfaces tab how when you dial backscattering weight you get some additional options show up? It gives two additional options for Backscattering which haven't shown previously. Interesting thing is the network is the same in shader mixer. I imported it with it set at 0 and again at 1. I think that's more a surface tab coding thing than the actual shader. I would imagine the code is written to only show things when they get dialed so that the surface tab is easier to navigate.