• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Need Beta Tester and Poser Partner for Dusk-Dawn Pose Set

Okay I 've made a set of poses for Dusk and Dawn using the City Bike from DAZ and I'd like to submit them as products ,but I need someone to test them,they are in DS format ,and I wouldn't mind a partner who could make them work in Poser. So would anyone be interested

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Carrie - Alisa here, not Lisa ;) I've moved this and renamed it to something I think might help a bit more :)

Just so folks know, any of the CV Bees can move threads, so just pm one of them :)

Thank you very much .....hmm ya know I typed Alisa first and then thought I was wrong .....oops thank you very much Alisa

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It would be really nice if there was a pool of folks that are really good in either program that would be willing to team up with someone from "the other side". Both would make money, both would feel like they are supporting both platforms without having to bang their heads against the wall trying to make things work when they know it's going to be nearly impossible. DAZ Studio with it's 3Delight and iRAY and Poser with it's Firefly and Superfly engines are just too much for one person, esp one that's over 50, to try to master. I'd dearly love for Tommy and Tina to be set up for Poser but it's just too daunting of task and as it's been a year since starting this project it may well be another 6 months finding enough time and patience to dive into Poser. So the Poser users loose out, I loose sales and another soul looses out on potential income. I feel your frustration Carrie!

Yup RAMWolff it is, but on the plus side when you are only making poses the whole 3DL , Iray ,Firefly, and Superfly aren't really relevant .... just rotation , translation and OMG!! can a body really do that ?!!
But yeah I agree wanting to be fair with users of both programs is hard ,I use to be able to use the PFE to create Poser formatted poses ,but it doesn't work with Dusk and Dawn ......
I suppose if I can't get a tester I'll just end up giving them away .......

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
the best way i think is to make first as poser poses... They will work ok in daz studio too.
Is what i did with mine.

You are probably right mininessie but unfortunately I never got along with Poser ......tried Poser Figure Artist and just couldn't get the hang of it:somad: ,months later I tried DAZ Studio ,and while there were a few burps in the beginning the layout clicked with me ........and I've been working at learning it ever since ........but yeah that first time opening Studio up ....V4 in her purple underwear ....trying to move her ..folded her completely in half with her head hiding in her butt:( where I couldn't get hold of it to move it outo_O ,clueless quite sure I'd broke something ,closed it down and it took me about a week before I dared try again ,thankfully V4 no longer had her head stuck .....:)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Thank you very much .....hmm ya know I typed Alisa first and then thought I was wrong .....oops thank you very much Alisa

Welcome - it's confusing cause there's a Lisa and an Alisa ;).

Me195

Extraordinary
I would be happy to convert the poses from DS to Poser for you, or I can show you how to do it if you prefer. It's pretty easy once you have both the DSON importer from DAZ and D3D's DSON loader script installed. I don't own the city bike from DAZ so I cannot test the poses on the bike, but every pose I've converted so far has been exactly the same in both DS and Poser.

Me195

Extraordinary
That's cool! I don't knew about that!

The script can be found here Dimension 3D . You need to have the DSON importer from DAZ installed in order for the DSON loader Script to work. The all you do is select the DSON Loader (not DSON importer) from the scripts menu then navigate to the pose in your DS folder and select it. The pose will load just like any other, and then you can save it to Poser like you normally do. The only other thing to remember is that whatever folder the pose is in, the runtime for that folder must be added to your runtime list in poser in order for the script to import the pose correctly. Now you can pose in whichever program is easiest for you.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Good info there Me195. Now all we need are conversion scripts to convert from 3DL to Firefly and from iRAY to Superfly and the world would be right! lol

Hmmm that is a great offer Me195 ,and I believe I will take you up on it would you like to email me ? fantasy_fairy58 at yahoo.com and we can work out an agreement

Me195

Extraordinary
Good info there Me195. Now all we need are conversion scripts to convert from 3DL to Firefly and from iRAY to Superfly and the world would be right! lol

That script will do the basics from 3DL to firefly like diffuse, specular, and bump for figures and props. That's usually where I start when converting something like Urban Sprawl 3 to poser. Which reminds me the script supports instancing as well. I wish there was a script that went from Iray to Superfly and vice versa. Complete DS and Poser compatibility would be a dream come true.