• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Morph problems

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I think this is the right place for this, if not can it be moved please?
I am making a small conforming add on for Dawn and so far I seam to be wining, its conforming ok and even following most morphs.
And that is where the problem is, most morphs.
There are about 6 morphs that do not work quite right and I am not sure how to go about fixing them.
My first thought was to dial up each one and just use Poser's morph brush to fix them up but then how do I get the resulting fixes to follow Dawns morphs?
Do I just save the morph brush fix and tie it some how to the morph it matches so when you dial up say the Hag Head in Dawn it follows that plus activates the Hag Head Fix I have brushed in?
Or do I have to hand make the whole thing and work out how to get it to follow Dawns morph?
Can some one please help me over this stumbling block.

This is an example of what I am needing to fix up, this is Hag Head at full and you can see how the morph is not fully followed.
MorphProblem.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The morphing tool allows you to select a morph that needs to be adjusted.

Click Custom_Morph
upload_2017-9-28_18-38-25.png

Select the morph to adjust
upload_2017-9-28_18-37-51.png

upload_2017-9-28_18-39-38.png

Then with the morph selected, do your thing with the morphing tool.

Once fixed, save the addon.

I don't overwrite existing files anymore because that sometimes results in the pmd no longer working. Instead, I rename the cr2 and pmd before saving the changes. This way I can just delete the new files if the morphs don't work after saving the fix and change the name back on the previous version of the files.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Thank you thank you! This has worked like a charm and I now have all morphs fixed and looking nice. Now I can get this all wrapped up :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
One other wee morph issue I have just run into, that I'll put here rather than starting another post, I have a custom morph I have made for Dawn saved with PP11 export morph INJ function and while it works it loads set to 0 I would like it to load set to 1 but can't work out how to change it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Dreamer, I change it in the pz2 file with cr2 editor.
I just look where it is and under "Keys" I make sure it is set to 0 1

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm, odd.
I don't have pro so I have no idea how it exports the INJ file.
Toybox is what I used last time and I really had to edit to get it right.

There really has to be an easier way...sigh.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You may have to edit it in...I had to do that with some of the morphs I created for Poser.
IIRC, the bit in green was what I had to add. But I have seen it down differently also by others. This is what I was advised to do when I was trying to set it up.

targetGeom DeidreForDiva
{
name DeidreForDiva
initValue 0
hidden 0
enabled 1
forceLimits 1
min 0
max 1
trackingScale 0.01
masterSynched 0
conformParm 1
keys
{
static 1
k 1 1
}

interpStyleLocked 0
uuid D55742DE-C5D7-442F-8D7D-AF6376C01724
numbDeltas 0
useBinaryMorph 1
blendType 0
}

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Pendraia that looks very like what I have, with out the green bit, I also don't have the conformParm 1 line do you think I should have it too or just add the green part?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Not sure dreamer, i would suggest trying both and seeing which works but someone else may know more.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Glitterati3D I tried that and it didn't work what @Pendraia suggested worked and I now have a proper working INJ and REM
Thanks for all the help :) this is why I love this place you get stuck and some one knows the answer.
Now if I could just find a easy way to model a cord my evening would really be swinging along lol