• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

More Competition from another (small) hive

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What an ingenious idea. I would never have thought of having a bee hive near a restaurant, but when you think about it, if they're already there, they might as well have a place to live. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Unfortunately, helping one species of bee (the honey bee) is likely causing further decline in the other pollinator insect species. :(
How urban beekeeping is killing our precious pollinators

Interesting article which really highlights the wider issue. My wife and I do try and make a difference in the small ways we can so when I revamped our front and back gardens we did do some research on what planets were friendly to both bees and butterflies and also add some wild species of plant in the hope we could help other insects and wildlife.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
I hope yo found earth to be the friendliest "planet" for all bees....and spiders....and aunt.....and uncles....and grandpas......and.....:)) LOL

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Lost my political correctness filter a long time ago. I stop caring what people especially those I don't know think. Granted, I don't want to be offensive and sometimes my "vileness" slips in the best of circumstances but I really try hard to keep it under control. But this was not one instance to keep my pie-hole shut.! You're welcome! LOL

Hornet3d

Wise
I would love to make the planet a great place for aunts and uncles and just as important nieces as I have two I am very fond of but I think my impact has major limitations in that respect. Even if Global Warming turns out to be a hoax the damage being done by plastics is hard to reject quite so easily. That and the fact many species are either close to extinction or already extinct is not a good sign.

Even if my generation leaves a planet in good health I am not sure my nieces will be able to afford to enjoy it. I was born into a generation where final salary pension schemes were fairly common to other than the very rich but they are long gone and most pension schemes have a massive hole in them. At present in the UK we have yet another high street chain on the verge of collapse which, if it fails will not only make hundreds of people unemployed but also leave them with a hole in the pension schemes they have paid into to the tune of hundreds of millions. This is not the first such case looked over by yet another of our elite that that we are meant to look up to and has been rewarded for his services to business.

Ten years ago my wife could look forward to a descent pension at the age of sixty but at this present time the retirement date is extended to 67 in the UK so it is anyone's guess what age my nieces will be able to retire. Happily both my wife are retired, my wife early as she has more than a few years to go to reach 67, we can do so because I paid into a private pension from the age of 20 and my wife did the same. The thanks we get for that is we have to pay tax on all our pensions that are over our personal allowance. I care little about that but I do care when I see others getting looked after when they come from families where no one has worked for three generations. What has this got to do with saving the planet, well the fear is that in both cases if more is being taken out than is put back, if it continues it can only end in tears, but for those to come not those that are doing the taking.

OK, I will come off my soap box and crawl back under the wood pile. More accurately into my Poser world where I decide what happens and when.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
It sucks paying into a system you are assured will be your golden parachute for your old age and find it it was just a ponzi scheme. I am retired and am living on my basic social security minimum because for most of my younger years as an artist I never had two nickels to rub together let alone invest in old age with. I have been really working when I quit the fantasy of being a world reknown photographer/designer/illustrator and just got a regular 9 to 5 job with benefits which I used to invest in. Luckily those investments have paid off really well and are still making money ( a few years ago i made more on one years investment than i earned working retail for two years!. A sad reminder f things in the real world. I count my blessings I never got married and had kids. I suffered in my youth robbing peter to pay paul and feeling like a failure to myself and my parents but at least now I am living fairly comfortably.

Climate change is very real but I do not think raising the taxes to regular folks and running a county into debt trying to abate the inevitable is the answer. Global climate has changed many times over to extremes long before we had plasitic and carbon emissions and yeah many animals on the verge of extinction but many many more are already extinct and have ben for hundreds of years....again long before man unkind discovered oil and plastic. Liberals in my country are hell bent on trying to head it off or fix it but despite their green new deals proposed to win election they haven't a clue as to the actual cost or futility of it all and ZERO SUM carbon emissions reality is their pipe dream and impossible in this universe. The science and economics they claim to go by are totally repudiating those fantasies no matter how much they scream an shout or throw more at the problem. We are told we have 10 to 12 years to fix the problem before it is too late.......yeah, and the sky is falling too......

How many industries has GB lost in the past couple of years? Industries that kept people working and earning have gone away or are going away. If they there is no work in a nation to give people a reason to rise in the morning and purpose to fulfill and dreams to work towards for themselves and their families what do we have? A disappointed depressed unemployed, dreamless and hopeless angry disillusioned people...whether that be in the UK or US. Our leaders just think raising taxes or and enlarging the size of government and expanding government run assistance is the answer. It is....the answer to their hopes and dreams but not ours. Never ours.
Sorry I have had a depressing day and the soap box was just laying there unused so I decided to climb up and reply.
Not sure what this all had to do with McDonalds and bees and bee hives and...........Well, I'll stop now.....shucks yaal got me wantin a Big Mac now! :)

Hornet3d

Wise
It sucks paying into a system you are assured will be your golden parachute for your old age and find it it was just a ponzi scheme. I am retired and am living on my basic social security minimum because for most of my younger years as an artist I never had two nickels to rub together let alone invest in old age with. I have been really working when I quit the fantasy of being a world reknown photographer/designer/illustrator and just got a regular 9 to 5 job with benefits which I used to invest in. Luckily those investments have paid off really well and are still making money ( a few years ago i made more on one years investment than i earned working retail for two years!. A sad reminder f things in the real world. I count my blessings I never got married and had kids. I suffered in my youth robbing peter to pay paul and feeling like a failure to myself and my parents but at least now I am living fairly comfortably.

Climate change is very real but I do not think raising the taxes to regular folks and running a county into debt trying to abate the inevitable is the answer. Global climate has changed many times over to extremes long before we had plasitic and carbon emissions and yeah many animals on the verge of extinction but many many more are already extinct and have ben for hundreds of years....again long before man unkind discovered oil and plastic. Liberals in my country are hell bent on trying to head it off or fix it but despite their green new deals proposed to win election they haven't a clue as to the actual cost or futility of it all and ZERO SUM carbon emissions reality is their pipe dream and impossible in this universe. The science and economics they claim to go by are totally repudiating those fantasies no matter how much they scream an shout or throw more at the problem. We are told we have 10 to 12 years to fix the problem before it is too late.......yeah, and the sky is falling too......

How many industries has GB lost in the past couple of years? Industries that kept people working and earning have gone away or are going away. If they there is no work in a nation to give people a reason to rise in the morning and purpose to fulfill and dreams to work towards for themselves and their families what do we have? A disappointed depressed unemployed, dreamless and hopeless angry disillusioned people...whether that be in the UK or US. Our leaders just think raising taxes or and enlarging the size of government and expanding government run assistance is the answer. It is....the answer to their hopes and dreams but not ours. Never ours.
Sorry I have had a depressing day and the soap box was just laying there unused so I decided to climb up and reply.
Not sure what this all had to do with McDonalds and bees and bee hives and...........Well, I'll stop now.....shucks yaal got me wantin a Big Mac now! :)

I don't think our views are a million miles apart but I would still welcome your input even if they were. While I did marry we decide never to have children for a variety of reasons but one of them was the state the planet was in and we did not want the responsibility of lumbering anyone with such an uncertain future, or a certain but sad future. We are well past the point where children would be possible but we have seen nothing to show our choice was the wrong one, quite the opposite.

Higher taxes are not the answer but a fairer spreading of the load might help when the top 10% keep getting richer and many through little hard work other than to raid other peoples pension funds. Another thought would be to actually reward success and not reward failure and in the UK stop this crazy peerage system where we are supposed to look up to people for no real good reason. I have little regard for someone given an honour because he/she used to cut and ex prime ministers hair or carry his luggage on trips all over the worlds. I have no regard for those who have left a history of failed companies in their wake or those that were caught and spent time in prison. Strange world when people like this are given the opportunity to make judgement on us or what is good for us.

Progress, if there has been any is that our UK rulers can only mess it up for us in the UK rather than larger parts of the world which is shown by our history.

As you say a long way from the McDonalds bee house but I think that this thread has had some worth in that later posts show how this is a very small part of a wider issue. It plays to your argument that many of the so say plans that exist are nothing more that a pipe dread. Why do the words Rome, fiddle and burning spring to mind at this point?:)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
If you believe power corrupts and absolute power creates tyrants.....of any man/woman....we are all on the same page....and closer to the Neros of history than we want to believe or than our lying fake news media reports. Hornet I relate completely to what you wrote. but if you look at history that fear of bringing kids into this messed up world of Man-Unkind should keep us from doing so.......it has been so since the man ate that damn apple and got thrown out of the garden! No going bk but only try to make the best of it....the good and the bad. Adversity builds strength and character and maybe we do a real wrong minimizing our potential kids to being able to endure and or FIX their future.
Hang strong!

Hornet3d

Wise
If you believe power corrupts and absolute power creates tyrants.....of any man/woman....we are all on the same page....and closer to the Neros of history than we want to believe or than our lying fake news media reports. Hornet I relate completely to what you wrote. but if you look at history that fear of bringing kids into this messed up world of Man-Unkind should keep us from doing so.......it has been so since the man ate that damn apple and got thrown out of the garden! No going bk but only try to make the best of it....the good and the bad. Adversity builds strength and character and maybe we do a real wrong minimizing our potential kids to being able to endure and or FIX their future.
Hang strong!

Good point and always refreshing took look at your theories and concerns through another persons eyes. Thank you.