• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Male Clothing...

eclark1894

Visionary
I didn't quite know where to put this, so I started a new thread. I have a question regarding male clothing and specifically, pockets. I was watching You Tube today and this video popped up about posing male models. I couldn't help but notice the thumbnail and it pointed out that there seems to be something of a conundrum about what to do with the male hands. Fold them, put them on the hips, have him hold something... OR... put them in pockets. But there's the issue, because Poser males don't have pockets on their clothes., and if there are, they're usually cosmetic only, non-functional.

So there's the question. What should we do with male hands, and should functional pockets be included on male clothing? I will add that we don't really need belts for clothing in Poser, but they're there, including the belt loops that the belt goes through.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice tutorial Earl. I only watched about half of it, and I would never think of any of the issues he discusses, but he's certainly made all his information interesting, so thanks for posting it.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Pockets can be added to any outfit with relative ease. A simple dynamic cloth plane over the non-functional pocket has worked for me for years. It's the wrinkling of the cuffs that is harder. If the cloth is not dynamic then it is a waste of hair pulling to try and get a suit coat to look natural with hands in pockets.