• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Making morphs work for ds

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Ken, just to confirm your thoughts......I use ColorCurvature's Pose Morph Loader to create morphs for clothing. When I started using Roxie to create clothing, she started as a Poser Unimesh on load. Exporting those files in PML meant instant failure of the morphs. I had to change Roxie to Poser Traditional skinning before export.

I could invoke the morphs on a Unimesh figure after export/import, but I cannot export the figure with Poser Unimesh settings to create morphs. The created morphs had to be loaded on a Poser Traditional Skinned model, then saved and could be used on a Unimesh with subsequent loads.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Ken, just to confirm your thoughts......I use ColorCurvature's Pose Morph Loader to create morphs for clothing. When I started using Roxie to create clothing, she started as a Poser Unimesh on load. Exporting those files in PML meant instant failure of the morphs. I had to change Roxie to Poser Traditional skinning before export.

I could invoke the morphs on a Unimesh figure after export/import, but I cannot export the figure with Poser Unimesh settings to create morphs. The created morphs had to be loaded on a Poser Traditional Skinned model, then saved and could be used on a Unimesh with subsequent loads.

I think most 3D applications do not recognize or understand the way "groups" are used in Poser/DS. This becomes less of an issue on figures that only exist in Unimesh version, like Genesis, but that's not the standard in Poser. 3DSMAX sees Poser groups are separate models, so loading a figure destroys all morphs. The only options in MAX is to either weld everything (and loose all groups), or load each group as a separate model, which also kills all morphs. ZBrush remembers Poser groups when used for selections, but is unable to export them back with the model. That seems to be a problem for morphs. The only way I can use ZB for morphs is with GoZ.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
I was around to ask the same question as the OP, thank you so much LadyRaine for your question and thanks to everyone for explaining things even a colander brained person like me can (maybe LOL) understand. Now I will try to follow the instructions you all gave. Thank you again!!!