• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Looking for Buck Rogers 1980 style helmet

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Has anyone ever made or come across a flight helmet in the style of the E.D.D. Starfighter Pilot helmet from the 80's Buck Rogers TV series? I have some sequences I want to finish off that require pilot shots, but none of my fake or kitbashed helmets have the look I really want for it. I really want this:

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The closest thing I made was for my Star Storm product that I never quite got finished. But maybe it could be adapted and released as a freebie (for personal use only, since it is a copy).

HelmetLoRes.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
While that is a beautiful helmet, and I would love to have it (still holding out hope for Star Storm) and I could find many uses for it, it doesn't have the Open Face I need for the project in question. I have tried painting the needed textures on many differing helmets but I really want that 1980's Buck Rogers Look.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I knocked this up today

for Carrara if it's of any use to you it's in the wacky modeling thread over yonder :inverted:

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
thank you so much @Stezza . I just need to find and install my old Carrara and I can convert it. If I can download it, I haven't gone near those forums since 2012.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
While that is a beautiful helmet, and I would love to have it (still holding out hope for Star Storm) and I could find many uses for it, it doesn't have the Open Face I need for the project in question. I have tried painting the needed textures on many differing helmets but I really want that 1980's Buck Rogers Look.
Well, I was sorta offering to adapt/remodel to suit, but thanks to Stezza I don't have to. :)

Yes, I still hold out hope for Star Storm--maybe at Rendo when Dawn 2 comes out. (Fingers crossed)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Well, I was sorta offering to adapt/remodel to suit, but thanks to Stezza I don't have to. :)

Yes, I still hold out hope for Star Storm--maybe at Rendo when Dawn 2 comes out. (Fingers crossed)
@3WC I am sorry I misunderstood. In my defense I have a lot on my mind and am under a lot of stress lately. Though my Flash Gordon/Rocket Ranger could always use a good morphing helmet too ;)

I may not get a chance to convert and texture this until afyer new years. It's looking like I need to make the final trip back to Ohio to settle up property matters, and not going to drag workstations along this time.