• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Keeping you memories alive

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I could never really find a backup solution that was seamless and that I would do regularly, but now I have about 1 TB of storage on OneDrive. I moved all the files I care about, basically all of My Documents, My Pictures, etc, into the OneDrive folder and set it to sync automatically. So, automatic backup that is working all the time and I never have to think about.

Hornet3d

Wise
I could never really find a backup solution that was seamless and that I would do regularly, but now I have about 1 TB of storage on OneDrive. I moved all the files I care about, basically all of My Documents, My Pictures, etc, into the OneDrive folder and set it to sync automatically. So, automatic backup that is working all the time and I never have to think about.

I like the idea of the automatic sync, with the best will in the world it is easy to forget backing up otherwise.

scatha

Adventurous
I run on a 1Tb main drive, with two 3 Tb WD red drives for back-up, but they're starting to get full....

Hornet3d

Wise
I run on a 1Tb main drive, with two 3 Tb WD red drives for back-up, but they're starting to get full....

I use the same drives in my NAS unit but they are far from full, so far. Storage does seem to be one thing that is a priority when you are doing 3D art.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, after a lot of work getting all of my data up loaded to Amazon Drive I now find the Drive app will not do what I want it to do as regard sync. The only option is two way sync with an Amazon Drive folder on my PC. This means any deletions locally will wipe the data from the cloud and if you upload from anywhere else it will download a copy to the local Amazon Drive Folder. After a lot of searching, as I wanted to avoid yet another monthly/yearly subscription, I have started using Goodsync which is available as a free download with limited files and an unlimited pro version for $29.99 for a single license with discounts on additional license (one per computer). The main advantage here is you can set the sync as Left to Right only (source to destination), Right to Left only or both ways. It logs straight into my Amazon Drive and the sync folders can be anywhere, directly connected drives, NAS storage, USB device and so many other options. This seems to do all I need, and more, and very much more flexible than the Amazon Drive app. In fairness to Amazon they seemed really keen to sort some of the problems I had getting it to work on one PC but in the end I decided, even when it did run, it was not going to be able to work the way I wanted.