• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

iSource Textures Products at HiveWire

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
This thread is for the iSource Textures Products at HiveWire 3D

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
In this case I have a rather basic question about the iSource texture collections. The description consistently references Poser, but the maps included look like something that could be applied manually in Studio's surfaces tab.

This likely to produce something of acceptable quality? I can see that since they are not procedural, it *ought* to be possible to use them in Studio. But figured I'd ask before picking them up on spec. I know I *could* save them out as shader presets for Mariah's in the same general format as Fabricator presets if the textures are seamless (which they certainly seem to be), but a good deal depends on how well the rest of the maps are likely to work in Studio.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Let me point the artist to this thread.

The Show Me the Honey forum is the place for products sold at the Hive, btw. So, I'll move this there, too.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
This is my bad - Apologies - these are PNG image files. A few of the product pages had incorrect information and are fixed! Yes will work in any program!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good to know, as I was looking at the Brick Collection. If I ever get around to finish modeling my castle, it will certainly come in handy. ;)

Hello JOdel,

Thank you for your interest in my textures collections. All of the textures in my collections are seamless along with the maps. In each collection you get 10 Seamless textures with (DIFF/AO/NORM/SPEC/DISP/ALBEDO). As long as you are using a program that can open PNG files (PNG 8 RGBA). You can use these textures. I use the following programs such as Photoshop CC2015/Unity5/3DS Max/Blender and they all work perfectly.

All the best
Martin Hawkes - iSourceTextures

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Great!

Another quick question; are any of the hedge tiles of a yew hedge? It's a classic plant for hedges, but I don't think we get it much in Los Angeles.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh good here you are with your own thread!

I have a question about the new PBR texture sets. Will they all eventually come to this store? I have my eye on the set of Wood over at another store but I would rather purchase it here.

I have a lot of ideas for using these texture sets-everything from texturing props to using as backdrops for characters in Photoshop! The realism of these textures is breathtaking!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums Martin. :)

I just have one question. I'm very familiar with DIFF/AO/NORM/SPEC & DISP, but what's ALBEDO? That's a new one to me.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Welcome to the Hive Martin...I've seen the term in reference to Quixel Miss B but I haven't quite worked out what it does.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhhh, OK. I don't have/use Quixel, so have never seen it before.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I've seen it listed in Mec4D's promos for her Iray shaders and supposed it had to do with Iray.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK. I don't do Iray, so that leaves me out. I was just curious because I'd never see that particular reference. Even Filter Forge's list of possible maps doesn't have it listed.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
As far as I understand Albedo is just pure diffuse reflection without anything like AO or spec reflection intentionally or unintentionally baked.