• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Iray Canvases - HDR rendering and compositing

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Have you read "Too many dumb pilots"? Feeling now like one. Things I want from the start of Iray in DS were rendering in HDR and multilight.
And all this time it was here, in form of canvases.
Just want to put it here if there is someone as inattentive as me.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I only understand HDR...not sure what multilight or Canvases are but thanks for the info!

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Canvases - in Advanced tab in Render
Iray Canvas Tutorial
+ something on DAZ forum (that I didn't read except new versions anouncements, so didn't know :) )

Each canvas internally is 32-bit exr file, that stays after render stops if you not overwrite it with canvas with same name. Location on Win is you userDir\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\r_canvases\
Want script to auto-copy it on stop. May be start using Daz sccripting after all.

Multilight - basicly you generate different files for different lights and sum it in Photoshop, so you can adjust your lighting without re-render scene. Maxwell can do it in realtime in render (and was first? not shure), Lux too, not shure about other renders.