• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Interesting - Earth Has a Second Moon?

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, it's 8 or 9, since Pluto is the only body in dispute. Personally, I think it should be grandfathered in. Everyone considers all the other bodies to be dwarf planets.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I had a scottish girlfriend, who once answered "Polly's your aunt." I asked her exactly just who this Polly is.

"Bob's sister, of course," she answered with a straight face. I could listen to that scottish accent for hours.

I wonder if anyone really knows!?

quietrob

Extraordinary
Actually, it's 8 or 9, since Pluto is the only body in dispute. Personally, I think it should be grandfathered in. Everyone considers all the other bodies to be dwarf planets.

Grandfathered in? That might be the answer yet. Everyone would be happy, except for a handful of planetary scientists that can't give us a straight answer. I'm almost ready to take on Doctor Degrasse. Do I dare? He is well known for kicking ass on Twitter.

3dcheapskate

Engaged
The English version is theatre, and I've actually seen it used here in the States. Why I don't know, as to me the ending looks like a French spelling, not English. ~shrugs~
Etymology's a wonderful thing - I recall that most English words come either from Latin/Greek roots by way of Old/Middle French, or from old Germanic. Except for the ones that don't.

3dcheapskate

Engaged
Grandfathered in? That might be the answer yet. Everyone would be happy, except for a handful of planetary scientists that can't give us a straight answer. I'm almost ready to take on Doctor Degrasse. Do I dare? He is well known for kicking ass on Twitter.
I thought the handful of planetary scientists did give a straight answer (resolutions 5a and 6), albeit a rather unpopular one among Plutists*.And as Zaarin said back in post 22 "The definition of a planet is always going to be arbitrary...". Pluto's still Pluto, no matter what arbitrary box you try to squeeze it into.

A couple of years ago I wrote a short story "The Naughty Elf Present". Shortly after reading the comments about Pluto's rebranding on this thread I reposted the story here at Hivewire, because I think Santa knows more about space stuff than a whole room of the cleverest clever people.

*I just made that word up. At least I think I did.

Last edited: