• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm on my way!

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I'm beginning a great adventure! I have just purchased a Scottish croft (like a tiny farm), and am in the process of moving up there. The residential cottage is currently derelict, so I will be living off grid in a caravan for a while. What does this mean? Well, for starters, I'll have only my phone for Internet access for a while. The desktop PC I use for Poser and DS won't be set up for at least a week.

I'm excited about the move. It's a lovely old cottage built some time before 1870 (you can find it on maps of that date) that has real flagstone flooring, with a proper old cattle byre (great stone slabs set on their sides to seperate out each bay), 35 acres, a well, it's own stretch of coastline (cliffs rather than beach), even a waterfall! It's been neglected/derelict for years so there's lots of work to do. I'm looking forward to getting stuck in.

Hopefully once I get stable off grid power worked out I'll be back to working on products (I'll need something to occupy those long dark Scottish evenings).

Photos to follow, some drone footage if I can get the drone working.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoa, that sounds exciting! I never got up to Scotland when I was travelling in the UK years (actually decades) ago, and often wished I had.

Rowan54

Dragon Queen
Contributing Artist
Sounds lovely. I had a quick trip to Scotland in 1976 and it was great. I wanted to stay longer. Yes, please post photos.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
That sounds like a dream come true! My best wishes to you! I will be looking forward to seeing pictures too

McGyver

Energetic
Is it haunted?... Thats one of the best features in old derelict properties.
I personally prefer grumpy old sea captains or retired pirates, but spirits of malcontent farmers are okay too...
Hopefully it’s not the just the cattle or sheep... that’s such a ripoff when the real estate people sell you on the ghost and it’s just cow, or a pair of angry budgies... my friend‘s house was supposed to be haunted by the spirit of a pirate’s parrot, but it turned out to be a couple of stupid parakeets.
To be honest I think they weren’t even ghosts... I’m pretty sure the former owner just forgot to take his parakeets with him... they flew off after my friend left the patio door open.
Ghosts don’t do that unless you are really annoying... My friend is only 39.7% annoying (on the Lamberger scale).
Well, enjoy your new digs!
It sounds like loads of fun... especially the waterfall.
I‘d be like going over that every day in a barrel...
Its probably just a New York thing... people love going over Niagara Falls in barrels.
On Long Island it’s too flat to have a proper waterfall, so I’ve always been envious of people with their own waterfalls...
Real ones, not where they forgot about the bathtub and it overflowed and they were too lazy to go upstairs and shut it off.
You’ve got the seacoast right near... I hope the waterfall doesn’t plunge over the cliffs into the sea... that would make it a lot harder to get back up if you do the barrel thing.
Well, even if it’s not haunted or you aren’t into barrel riding, the place sounds splendid!
I don’t think I’ve ever used that word non-sarcastically in a sentence...
I mean it genuinely here, just in general if I say “splendid”, it’s in response to someone saying something like “it’s only available in paisley” or “the cops are on the way”...
Well... good luck getting stuck in... well, unless it has a tar pit or quicksand puddle and you meant to type something else.
I’ve gotten stuck in lots of stuff... pipes... vents... glue traps... the usual stuff.
Generally I just gnaw my way out, but I’m assuming that’s a just a me thing and you meant it a different way.
I should probably go... I’m ruining your good news and possibly the surprise of an unforeseen haunting.
Good luck and have fun!!