• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I learned how to do fishnet stuff in ZBrush!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I like a challenge every once in a while! ^___^

Me too Ken. Another reason I made the fishnet with geometry is because by learning how to do it, I can now apply the same technique to the likes of wooly tops, hats, scarves and all kinds of clothing much faster than dragging out alphas or sculpting or doing it in Photoshop. Then it's just a matter of making the texture/displacement and other maps and applying them to the low poly versions of the objects.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ain't that the truth, which IMHO, is the best way to live one's life!!

My personal mantra, if you want to call it that, is . . . The day I learn something new, is a good day!

DaremoK3

Enthusiast
Hey Ken1171, from one Ken to another, ditto.

Bonnie:

I was archive searching for something, and I stumbled across my net shirt that I mentioned in my previous post. Below are some images of it, and I included a WIP image, as well as a close-up showing wires. Can anyone guess the technique I employed?

I usually don't show any of the hundreds of crappy models I created when I was cutting my teeth, but I am making an exception in this case for comparison. Please note, it is not indicative of my current skills, and was created low-poly for Poser 4.

Some day (when I have more processing/memory power), I am going to build a real net shirt utilizing Blender curves and will even include knotting.

AyameNetShirt01.jpg
AyameNetShirt01a.jpg
AyameNetShirt01b.jpg
AyameNetShirt01c.jpg
AyameNetShirt01d.jpg