• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hurricane in Texas

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I've got the weather channel on listening to what's going on. Sounds intense for sure!

If you're in the path of this storm, please know you are in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and stay safe! :love:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah me too, sounds like the building he was under collapsed around him. That's the last thing I heard him say.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I just refreshed his page and it's not coming up. Doesn't sound good.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Hey guys! I'm expecting about 10 to 15 inches of rain sometime next week possibly around Wednesday. I don't live in a low lying area or the Galveston/Houston area ........ , but I do live on the southern end of Tornado Alley. All the hotels are full and many grocery store shelves are bare. Quite a few of our gas stations have lowered the price of gas in order to facilitate the evac of the coastal areas and many of them are sold out. School is supposed to start next week, but I know there are several of them that are designated as emergency shelters so that may be delayed. I hope my favorite seafood place Landery's in Galveston makes it through the storm!

I will advise you now if you have not already fill up your gas tanks there are 8 to 12 major refineries that are in the direct path and that also includes not only gasoline but also natural gas. Exon and Shell have suspended operations until assessments can be made and some areas like Rockport are expecting 50 inches. 1/3 of all oil/gas operations are in this area and that also includes some that are on land as well. So, I would expect gas prices to rise depending on how long things are down.

Soo.......... Wait and Batton down the hatches!! ............ Then again I hear they are throwing a hurricane party in New Orleans ( these are generally the half gallon size) ........... so different strokes for different folks. LOL just hope Texas doesn't get a Julia Brown!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks! and me too!! Worst thing would probably be washing out the bridges that go over our pasture land and the main road to the highway.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
All the hotels are full and many grocery store shelves are bare.
That makes me think of preparations in anticipation of when Hurricane Sandy hit us here in NY back in October 2012. I know I stocked up on groceries, batteries, and extra flashlights so I could have one in each room, just in case.

I was lucky as I don't live near the shoreline, because those on the southern coast really got hit badly with a lot of fallen trees, which made it difficult for the Fire Department to come to a number of houses on the tip of the Rockaways. They burned down because the fire trucks couldn't get through. ~shakes head~

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
That makes me think of preparations in anticipation of when Hurricane Sandy hit us here in NY back in October 2012. I know I stocked up on groceries, batteries, and extra flashlights so I could have one in each room, just in case.

I was lucky as I don't live near the shoreline, because those on the southern coast really got hit badly with a lot of fallen trees, which made it difficult for the Fire Department to come to a number of houses on the tip of the Rockaways. They burned down because the fire trucks couldn't get through. ~shakes head~
Well, this isn't my first rodeo ! I've been through Katrina, Rita, and Ike and it's probably not going to be nearly as bad as Rita. So hoping things will be ok as I think we are on the better side of the storm. They had a few rescues that were not able to be executed last night in Rockport and lots of damage, but they did manage as the eye was moving over to do some more evacuations, but half of it is still sitting over the gulf and generating more rain. BTW True Texan Grit 60 percent of people stayed for the storm in Rockport!