• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to remove the 'threads below have not been updated' portion?

robert952

Brilliant
Below the 'New Posts' is a section labeled "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit."

I assume these are threads I replied to or such.

How do I get rid of those showing up with the latest posts?

I figure it's one of the multitude of check boxes that I need to un-check (or check). But I can't seem to figure which one.

Thanks for the guidance.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Can you show me a screenshot?

I think those would be threads you are watching by either replying to them or selecting 'watch thread'. Where are you navigating to so that you see 'latest posts'?

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Maybe this will help? There is a filter on the left saying Show Only: unread and there are filters on the right that allow you to choose what you see.
Fullscreen capture.jpg

Last edited:

robert952

Brilliant
The filter (and save as default) did the trick. Thanks.

Whooops. Spoke to soon. Let we play with it again and get back.

I clicked "unread threads" and the 'Save as default'. But when I return, all the threads are visible again.

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You can also periodically click Mark forums read if there gets to be too many topics you've not read and that haven't been updated recently.

robert952

Brilliant
You can also periodically click Mark forums read if there gets to be too many topics you've not read and that haven't been updated recently.

View attachment 48243
I use that daily; mainly the link that appears at the top of the forum list not the one you point out above. That way (at least in the past) I see only the new posts and not the list of older posts.

The older list still comes back (along with the current 'new posts') even after I clicked mark read link.

In case it matters, I do run Chrome; Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks for the assistance and input.

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm also on Chrome, Version 75.0.3770.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

In my case, when I click Mark forums read, I'm sent back to the main forum page. The next time I click New Posts, I only get new posts.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The last time I was on last night, I clicked Mark forums read. This morning I clicked New posts, and only got what was new since then.

Default filter should be Unread threads when you've clicked Mark forums read.

Once I get a list of "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit." I'll set Unread threads as my default and see if that stays set for me.

(I'm on Win 10)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It's been a few days, and I've yet to see "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit."

I only get a list of new posts when I click New posts.

robert952

Brilliant
It's been a few days, and I've yet to see "Threads below have not been updated since your last visit."

I only get a list of new posts when I click New posts.
I keep doing same steps you did. I use the filter. They 'inactive posts' go away. I then mark the threads as read. I still see the 'inactive' threads when I return (even if it's from the day before).

Oh well, I can live with it. In the scheme of life not a biggie. Just different.
I appreciate everyone's efforts to help figure this out.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's just so odd I no longer get the Threads below have not been updated ... blah, blah, blah, but you still get them.

But then ... all things computer can be a wee bit persnickety.