• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How to create a split tail?

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I am trying to create something that exists in my story called a Typhonic kitten (as they are first introduced as kittens). I know they have a split tail.
‘Great,’ I said as I peered over the bed to see a pile of kittens. They were all staring at me while mewing. I was glad that I created kittens “old” enough to have open eyes and ears. I looked closely at the kittens. They were not Terran kittens but Typhonic kittens. They had almost a normal kitten face, but their long ears have little tuffs on the end of them. They also had split tails. Great, inspiration from my uncle created these creatures. For some unknown reason, he created the Typhonic Beast for Seth.

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
If you're talking about needing a forked tail, depending on how dramatic the fork is, you may need to create a conforming tail. If it's just a little fork on the tip of the tail, you might be able to get away with using a morph, but anything more dramatic than that will need new geometry.