• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How should a French person get started in 3D?

English Bob

Adventurous
3D diablotine is a French 3D forum with Poser and DS users. I don't know how active they are as I've not been there for quite some time tough.

If your friend decides to try DS, there are several users in Daz forums who speak French and might be able to help him if he has specific questions (including myself if it's not something complicated about Iray ;)).

Thank you! I think his first question is "where do I start?!" :) Followed quickly by "how do I make pictures like this guy who's been doing it for 20 years?". :D

eclark1894

Visionary
Funny thing is, I actually started using a 3D modeler called AMAPI which I didn't realize at the time was written all in French. At that point I though ALL modelers were written in french and I didn't know any French words beyond Oui.