• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

How do I change the workspace background color?!

I'm having some terrible luck, and had to reinstall everything on my main Mac computer. I can't find info anywhere on how to change the workspace background color. Believe me, I looked!

Help!

This is the DAZ Studio forum! I want to change the background in DAZ Studio.

Skylab, I scanned through the entire page of the link you provided, and din't find the info.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Sorry I just click new posts...

At the top of your DS screen go to Window --> Workspace --> Select Layout
This will allow you to change between pre-made themes (interface setups).

Also at the top of the DS screen, Window --> Style --> Select Style
This gives you access to some pre-made color themes as well.

I have my DS 4.8 setup to use the "Darkside" Style; it's mostly medium to dark greys in tone, and much easier on the eyes.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ron, if you want the background a different colour in the actual render...

go to Window/Panes/Environment

This will open up a new tab which you can dock anywhere you like.
Click on the box next to type and choose Backdrop.
This will open up 5 new options the first one will allow you to pick a colour.
If you click on the triangle at the start of the white box it will allow you to browse for an image and add that as a background.
The options underneath allow you to rotate or flip the image and choose whether it will appear in the render.

Thanks. Yeah I actually wanted white in both the workspace screen and in renders. Of course that is only when the characters are not in a scene. I apologize for any potential typos.. My cataracts are acting up this morning.

Szark

Awesome
to change Viewport (workspace) background colour go to Window >Style > Customise Style > then in the Customise Interface Style window select Viewport and change the colour