• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Horseblanket

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
well... tried it out. Most morphs work without problems, but those that don't work with the seahorse tail won't work with the horseblanket either. Will have to see if I can create specific morphs for the foal and the shetty.

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
quick and dirty render of the bandages. I haven't done any proper texture work yet, just used some shaders. I think I will also do a prop set of bandages on the floor.

bandages1.png

bandages.jpg

bandages1.jpg

bandages2.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Really nice work on this blanket, and the bandages, FreyrStrongart. :)

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
so I have now a boned and a not boned version of the foal blanket. It also works for the shetty. You can see that the non boned version runs into problems when there is too much pressure on the texture. The boned version is non conforming, which means every bone has to be adapted to the pose individually but there are two reasons the blankets are not conforming... first.. I am unable to get the blanket to work on the foal with the standard rigging of Harry, and second it is necessary to be able to use the sideflabs on the back and the front indipendently from the horse movement to achieve a more natural fall. This makes it possible to use the rigged blanket even if you don't want to use g-force or you can tweak the simulated blanket afterwards if there are pokethroughs or problems. the g-force works quite nicely without problems if simulating simple, not too extreme poses though. So it all comes down to how much work you want or need to put in for choice of rigged or non rigged version.

boned and not boned.jpg

boned and not boned1.jpg

boned.jpg

boned2.jpg

FreyrStrongart

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
looks like I am getting the hang of the blanket. There are two different blankets now, one for the adult horse, one for the foal. The foal blanket works for the adult horses too but since the cut isn't really meant for a big horse it looks a bit strange. Same for the adult horse... it works for all the harry shapes but it isn't meant to work with the shetty and the foal. Still.. might try to do a morph to work with the two small shapes as well even if the shape isn't really meant for small horses. In the end it is the user who decides. Had to redo the basemesh to avoid intersections. The blankets are now conforming except for the side flaps. Works pretty nicely together with gForce and even without it doesn't look half bad.
I am now working on a few textures for the blankets and partial presets so that users can apply different trims, belts and metal textures to the base blanket.