• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire3D products and Renderosity gifting

vlgraphics

New-Bee
I'm posting this here as I don't know where else to go and don't even know if this will be seen.

We all know the situation, so I'm not going to re-hash it here.

The reason I'm posting though, is that I opened a Vendor Support ticket with Renderosity, and was told I needed to contact Hivewire to have the Songbird Remix products that I had here and have Hirewire3D gift them to me there.

If someone can let me know if that's possible, that would be much appreciated. Otherwise, I guess I'll have to just write them off.

Thank you,

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Sadly, Renderosity did not follow through with the Purchase Transfer as they promised, and the official Renderosity/Bondware stance now is to push it back on Hivewire3D, who has limited ability to correct it now as not only have there been significant losses on the Hivewire team, but many Vendors Products were transferred to the independent Vendors on Renderosity. For example, my products are in My Renderosity store and so Hivewire3D has no ability to gift those - and I do not have access to the original sales logs of who bought them. I believe this is the case with the Songbird Products as well. I too have products from that artist bought here on Hivewire that did not get transferred to purchase history, so I empathize. The only recourse, which I neither want to recommend or discourage, would be to reach out to the actual artist/vendor either here in the forums through PM or on Renderosity through the store site mail feature and see what if anything could be done.
I do not want to recommend it as I do not want to be responsible for vendors being flooded by emails related to this and being mad at me.
I do not want to discourage it as it may be the only solution, and it is not my place to say do not do it.

Just be aware-
to keep in mind it is just as frustrating for us vendors and creators as it is for you, our customers. In many cases we do not have access to original purchase records so we cannot confirm who purchased what. Even when that obstacle can be overcome, on Renderosity, most of us need to manually request an admin to gift single products to specific users and justify why. I have someone I work with for that step who has been helful to me, but I can not say that is the case for all. I know that on Renderosity I do not have a way to directly gift items and have them end up in purchase history - some vendors may.

I do know the vendor behind Songbirds and Natures Wonders is still active here on Hivewired3D, and has made recent additions to the Songbird Remix Preview Thread here.

I must also point out, I am not and admin or moderator, just a fellow 3D enthusiast and occasional vendor caught in the same mess. So I can not really offer to do much to help, I wish I could. I hope at least that this information and context is useful in some way?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I will note that I am ALSO in the same situation - while I was the first one to write to ask for products to be put in my Rendo account, it was never done.

vlgraphics - I don't know who told you that - but they are NOT CORRECT. I'd actually appreciate it if you would pm me and tell me who at Rendo told you this so that I can contact them and ask them not to tell people that.

HiveWire can not gift products from the vendors who used to sell here. Mark is correct that the only way that can be done is to contact the vendor who created the products (in the case you're referring to, that would be Ken Gilliland), and see if they can help. Renderosity has said that they will set up the ability for our previous vendors to gift products themselves if the vendor requests it (might want to pass that on).

NOTE that you will have to prove that you purchased ANY products you are asking to be put in your Rendo account, no matter who the vendor is.

Hope this helps!