• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Hivewire Horse Mane

I wasn't sure where to post this question, hope I chose the right forum topic!

Are there any poses for the Hivewire Horse's mane? I'm having the most difficult time posing it myself.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I highly recommend Daio's "Show Off Poses" Flint_Hawk gave the link to above, I just love them.

Also while they don't have separate poses for the Manes, any pose by CWRW also poses the Mane and Tails (and are just top poses :D)
And I'm glad she says her name here, I always wanted to know how to say it lol

Thank you both so much!! I finally got it posed and looking almost right.

Now I'm having trouble with rendering the mane in Superfly. I keep getting a black space under the mane. I've turned shadows off on my lights and turned "visible in raytracing" off on the mane yet I am STILL getting this weird black area on the neck under the mane. I can't for the life of me figure out what it is. Can anyone help?
Render-5.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Carrara tips:

in Carrara use the DS version of the HW Horse not the Poser version. ( same for all HW animals )
to pose the mane you need to select the actor of the HW Horse Mane not the Actor of the HiveWire Horse.. although the morphs appear in the horse they don't work.. dunno why and they are not categorised so it takes longer to sort through them all. o_O
also untick wrap UVs in UV editing mode for horse & main and tail.. everything ;)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Carrara Tail Tip:

though the mane needs you to use the mane actor the same doesn't apply for the tail.. some tail actor poses don't work but do work in the horse actor ... once again I dunno why..
also untick wrap UVs in UV editing mode :flower02:

Rendered and posed in Carrara using only the dials

1587698458515.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hopefully a more experienced Poser user than me will answer but I think I recall (but I don't have a very good memory) it has to do with one of the "bounce" settings I'm not sure (and definitely don't know which one lol)

Hopefully a more experienced Poser user than me will answer but I think I recall (but I don't have a very good memory) it has to do with one of the "bounce" settings I'm not sure (and definitely don't know which one lol)

Hmm... I increased the transparency bounces to a fairly high number but I'm still getting the black spot. I'm not sure which other setting could affect this. I'll do some testing, trial and error. :) Thanks for the idea!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
sorry I'm a Daz user that really only uses Poser for basic promos lol

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm... normally I set the min trans bounces to 16 and the max to 50 in Superfly and that goes away- LOL back when SF was brand new both KenG and I came across that and it was making us nuts because we had no idea how to fix it til Chuck (Nerd3D) told us about increasing those settings. Can you try those settings and show me the results?

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
And I'm glad she says her name here, I always wanted to know how to say it lol

LOL my great aunt Eluned (who was very Welsh) always told me I said it wrong:) I do the best I can with my american accent:)