• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Have you ever had this happen to you when trying to use PayPal?

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I was checking out at HiveWire & when I got to PayPal the amount was in Brazilian Real. I stopped & backed out of the transaction, then I verified my Paypal information stated that my address is still in the US. Next I phoned PayPal & they were no help. I did a complete scan of my computer & it's clean. I tried to make a test purchase at another store & had the same thing happen. Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Lyne made a purchase here this morning, using PayPal, & everything was fine.

I plan on calling PayPal again Monday morning.

I'm grateful that HiveWire is looking into my order problem.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Was it the converted price or the US amount as reals?

I always see the US amount and the Australian dollar amount iirc.

Sorry, just waking up that's what I see when I get payments into it. I'm not sure on payments out as I don't normally use it for that but I'm sure it would be the same.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just made a purchase at another store about 15 mins. ago with PayPal, had no problem whatsoever. Don't recall hearing about this sort of problem with from anyone else I know who uses PayPal regularly. It does sound odd for sure.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thanks Pendraia & Miss B.

Here's how the amount was listed:

R$*amount*
BRL

then under that it gave the conversion-

R$1.00 BRL= $0.30124319

It was like they believed I lived in Brazil, but I don't.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I talked to Flint this am, and she tried out buying one item here, had to put in a different cc, (because she had taken her card out when all this happened)...and it went through in US dollars! So she went back to the store here, and got the rest, and they went through fine! She's happy and doesn't have to call... it'll remain a mystery!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think she may need to contact the bank in relation to the other cc, because THAT may be where the problem lies. That cc account may have been hacked.

Glad to hear she got the products she wants, but she needs to stay on top of that other cc, or she could run into the same problem again at a later date.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
oh... good point, Miss B, thank you!! I alerted her to check on that card!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Thank you Miss B for the good advice! I checked right away & thank goodness I recognize all of the charges.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Good to hear, but I'd take it a step further, and have them issue you a new card, just in case.

I had to do that with 2 of my cards the end of last year.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just FYI for this busy person (we talk every day) that card in question is expires any day now, so thankfully it's out of the loop... all will be well... :)

aqua1955

Don't worry, because PayPal takes the exchange for that day and takes your dollars for dollars. When you fulfill the order you will see what they took. You also can log to your account and will see what money they exchange for your order. Because there are a lot of countries wich are doing business from several stores you are quick into another currency. I have it sometimes on Ebay where the site often goes to different languages. If you check out it is always advisable to see if your currency is the right one you use. PayPal wil help you with this, that is for sure. Don't worry the weekend

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Flint DID check- called PayPal... this should NOT happen and they 1. made sure her account is SECURE (it is) and 2. they are looking into this so it will not happen to anyone else!

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's good to know. I like a company that takes pains to make sure all goes well with purchases.